mimiwontonknits

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Year of Books

Not that anyone actually reads this silly thing any more since I have neglected it so badly this past year...but oh, well...it's a place to ramble and share my thoughts.....even if it's only with myself...lol!


Got past the shoulder surgery, sort of. The pain is negligible, nothing an Aleve or two won't handle and I can do more with the arm than I could before the surgery. Is it totally fixed...no. It froze up on me again. Not to the degree it was before the surgery, but I don't have full range of motion back by a long shot. Doc wants to go in and cut it lose again. Thought about it and decided no thank you. I mean, I can do everything that I want to do, like to do and need to do and I am not in pain. The trade-off, for me right now is not worth going through that again!


I have been getting some knitting done. Finished the Cobblestone for Ron out of some Pinguion I got at an estate sale a while back. Turned out great! The pic of it didn't so I'll try to get one of it on him and post at some point.


I finished my tilted duster....just need to block and seam....again, pics later! Also finished a baby sweater and hat out of Berroco Comfort for a friend's upcoming grand-son.
I also finished this Fake Isle Hat. Fun knit and only took 2 days!


After I finished the hat I was just "at odds" about what to knit next. I thought of a dozen different things, stood in front of the stash squeezing the skeins and scratching my head and nothing got me interested enough to cast on....all that yarn and nothing to knit...lol!
Anyway, hence the name of this post. Like most knitters I have a pretty extensive library of knitting books. My "rule" is that I have to really like (and would actually make) at least 2 items before I shell out the $$$ for a book. Well, that being said, I'm embarrassed at how many books I have that I have never made a single pattern from...not one!
Soooo..,,..,I'm starting a new "adventure in knitting". I'm literally pulling the first book in line off the shelf, choosing a pattern or two and going stash diving for the yarn to do one of them! Then the next book, then the next.....you get the idea. Plan for next year or so is to knit something out of every book! It's kind of fun...sort of a "mystery project" type deal...I don't know what I'm going to knit next! I'm sure I'll get sidetracked a few times ( I already have!) with new purchases/projects, etc., but am really going to try and stay on track. The baby sweater/hat was the first book I pulled. Will post pic when done seaming it. Next book off shelf is No Sheep For You. Thinking maybe the Tuscany shawl.....Got sidetracked by new purchase from Unwind, A Yarn Shop in Claremore this past week, but am going right back to the plan after I finish that project. Cute, cute a-line sweater out of Nashua Daylily.
Ok...enough for now. Will try to keep this updated with progress of my Year of Books Knitting Adventure.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:17 AM, Anonymous Kay said…

    What a great idea! I have too many 'other' projects in the wings right now but I am diving into the stash more and THAT feels good.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home