mimiwontonknits

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Fun

It's just been fun the past couple of weeks! Getting all the holiday decorations up and all the other stuff that goes along with! I think having most all the gift shopping part done well before Thanksgiving had a little to do with it...much less stress with that part of the equation all done!

Went to two holiday parties with dirty Santa gift exchanges this month. Those are always so much fun! Sometimes you come home with gifts that aren't really your cup of tea but it's still fun. This year I loved both my dirty Santa gifts!!

The first one I snagged at Gourmet Yarn Co. Knit-In. Sock yarn!! Yoo hoo! A girl can't have enough sock yarn!

Pretty shades of purple in Jojoland Melody! Photo turned out really dark and doesn't do it justice....it's yummy!

The second haul was from the Holiday party at the OKC Metro Knitting Guild this afternoon. I snagged a copy of Sally Melville's Book 1: The Knit Stitch.

I have been wanting to get that one. Even though I consider myself to be a fairly experienced knitter....and this is a beginner kind of book.... there are a few patterns in it that I really would like to do. I've also learned that sometimes going back to the beginning and looking at something from another person's point of view, I often learn better ways to do things! So I am supremely happy with my new acquisitions!

We also had fun with Savy & Dax this weekend. Due to being out of town and being sick we haven't had them for an overnight in a while and I was really missing those little stinkers! I started a little tradition with Savy when she was around 2 making tree ornaments for family members as gifts from her. We worked on those this weekend, and of course, now everyone will start getting one from Dax too!

We also did a gingerbread house! Savy worked hard getting it all decorated....and Dax worked hard at picking the candies off and eating them...lol!

At 2, Dax quickly lost interest in the ornaments and gingerbread house and spent a big part of the afternoon playing with an old pair of reading glasses he found in a drawer!

Kids are so funny that way! I love telling the story about my older daughter's first Christmas. First baby, first grandbaby in many, many years and that baby girl had one huge pile of toys, let me tell you! Well.....you probably know what is coming next....the thing she dragged around and played with the entire day was a bag of uncooked macaroni! Go figure!

I have managed to get the wip pile a lot smaller! I've got it to the point that I'm almost ready to cast on something new!!! I have recently finished the Lady Eleanor shawl out of the Paton's Soy Wool.

Dh's hat and scarf out of Elsebeth Lavold Baby Alpaca.

The Forest Canopy Shawl out of Lana Grossa Chiara. I love how this yarn worked up on this project. I cast it on out of 3 other yarns and didn't like it before I tried this one!

Also got the Central Park Hoodie out of Jo Sharp....love, love this sweater!!

And last but not least finally got another pair of socks almost done. I didn't realize I had been neglecting sock duty until it started getting cold and I don't have enough socks! These are the Slippery Sock out of Naked Sheep. Have about 3 inches done on the second one.

After feeling like I knit like a fool with nothing to show for it I finally got some stuff finished!!! Yay!!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If I bring my WIP's to your house would they come back finished? ;-)
    Can't blame a girl for trying, huh? lol I'm envious!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home