mimiwontonknits

Thursday, August 21, 2008

So Much for the Yarn Diet!

I should have known better.....I tried....I really did...lol! Of course, one of my additions to the stash was totally justified....I mean, really, it was!

I have been having a dickens of a time trying to decide on what I'm using for the MS4. I have swatched and swatched the options I had in the stash.....and bought at least 6 different bead options to go with said stash items. Haven't liked any of them except one. It was the grey JKnits with the black beads. Only problem is I'm terrified of running out of yarn as I mentioned in my earlier post. Just don't want to go there and risk a repeat of last year! Even with all that....I was trying to resist buying something new and use something that I already have! That's the reason I kept buying beads in every color of the rainbow! I mean beads are cheap, you know!

Anyway....long story short.....I ran into Gourmet Yarn Company yesterday to inquire about supplies for the fall retreat. I'm working the retreat and wanted to get a leg up on the project...make sure I know how to do the tecnique in case I need to help someone, etc. I'm so excited and pumped about the retreat....but more about that later!

I checked out the yummy Zephyr they got in but was able to resist. I know I wouldn't do several stoles/shawls out of the same color and the cones have over 5,000 yds....tempting but I managed to pass on it.

Well.....resistance died....right there....lol! I ended up convincing myself that everyone NEEDS a black stole and came home with this for the MS4! Cascade Heritage Sock Yarn.

Black with shiny crystal beads....which I already have, by the way! Decision made!!! All I have to do now is swatch to see what size needle I want to use. I used 4's on the zephyr I used on the MS3. Even though this is sock yarn it does appear to be lighter in weight than the JKnits. I was swatching that with 6's on it so we will see.

Well.....I didn't manage to end it there. I also came home with this:

The new solids in the Fiesta Boomerang are just awesome! The bigger dilemma was deciding which color I HAD to have! Everyone around here has been doing the February Lady and I have perused the stash several times to see what might work.....well......I'm thinking this will work just fine! So much for the yarn diet!

4 Comments:

  • At 9:03 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    Yarn Diet? Why in the world would you subject yourself to that??? UGH!

     
  • At 8:12 PM, Blogger Bev said…

    What Linda said.

     
  • At 4:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh...I most definitely ditto what linda and bev said.

     
  • At 10:25 PM, Blogger CurliSu said…

    Yeah, but MG's opinion is definitely biased. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home