mimiwontonknits

Friday, June 20, 2008

Goodbye little Gidget

Gidget Faircloth
February 20, 1991 - June 20, 2008


We lost our tiny, precious little Gidget today. I can only hope we gave her as much love, joy and happiness that she gave us while we had her.

She has a remarkable story, our little girl! I can't bear to repeat it now but if you are interested in knowing her story it is posted in the archives here on the blog in the February 6, 2007 post.

She was so old we knew her time with us couldn't be much longer but it is never easy..... and it all happened so fast. We were delayed in Austin for six days and had all the fur-babies boarded with the vet. She evidently started failing while we were gone. We only had two days left with her when we got back. I'm so very thankful that we made it home to be with her when it was her time to go. I had her in my arms when she went just loving her as hard as I could.

We will miss you, Tiny Little Girl!

6 Comments:

  • At 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Carolyn, I'm so sorry to hear about Gidget. But I know she wanted to be in her mama's arms when she left.

    Kay

     
  • At 9:48 PM, Blogger Knitted Zebra said…

    My heart breaks for you. We know what it is like to have a void where once was a fur-kid. Consider yourself hugged.

     
  • At 5:42 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    Oh honey, I'm so very sorry.

     
  • At 2:53 PM, Blogger Laura said…

    I'm so sorry. I'll be hugging my furry boys extra close tonight. Hugs to you and Gidget's fuzzy siblings, too.

     
  • At 7:02 PM, Blogger anna said…

    I am sorry to hear about Gidget...I know how you feel...I lost my Seth almost 2 years ago... in my arms too..... I am glad you were home to be with her.....and I hope all is fine with you too!

     
  • At 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Carolyn - I am so very sorry for your loss of Gidget. I know you have many happy memories and will cherish them always.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home