mimiwontonknits

Saturday, June 07, 2008

Stash Enhancement :-)

Short post this morning. Went over the The Gourmet Yarn Co. on Wednesday to see the debut of The Naked Sheep yarns and roving they have started carrying. Yummy stuff! No way I could walk out of there without bringing some home with me...lol! The stuff was literally flying off the shelves.......the "yarn vultures" were definitely circling!

I ended up getting two hanks of the fingering weight.

This one is called National Champion. I just love the color hues in this one!

The other one I couldn't resist is called Bed of Roses. It just made me smile and looks like fun!

I also picked up two skeins of Jojoland Harmony. Working on the MS3 again has me all in a lace mode! That is one area that my stash is sorely lacking. For some odd reason lace knitting never really held much interest for me until I started that Mystery Stole. All it took was that one project to get me hooked...lol....isn't that the way things go in the knitting world! So far I'm still resisting the idea of spinning and dyeing.....there isn't enough money lying around to start splitting up the yarn budget with other interests...lol!

I am almost done with chart 3 of the MS3 and I'm still enjoying it. Will post pics later on when more progress has been made.

I did have one one pattern literally screaming at me this week. It doesn't happen that way often. Oh, there are multitudes of projects that are in the que that I really want to do.....but you know how it is when one particular pattern just won't "go away"? I just kept thinking and thinking about this one for some reason. I could not stop thinking about it so decided to give in and just cast the silly things on!

It is the Handsome Devil Socks from the Six Sock Knit a Long. I have no earthly idea why these kept nagging at me....but they did. Here is the first one.

I grabbed some Opal Uni in dusty rose and some of the Vinca fingering I had in stash and started them. The first color combo I chose looked kind of neat, but the colors were so similar you couldn't really tell that I was using two different yarns...it just looked sort of like one heathered yarn so I ripped them out and picked a totally contrasting skein of the Vinca. Fun pattern to knit and they are going pretty quickly. Of course, since I have a mountain of wip's going....weird for me.....it may take eons for me to finish anything!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love that Jojoland!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home