mimiwontonknits

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Knitting Weekend

Pretty much the whole weekend was centered around knitting...don't you just love it when that happens...lol! About the only thing I enjoy more, or at least as much is having a weekend full of grandkids being around.

I worked all day Saturday at Gourmet . Yes, it is like the veritable "kid in a candy store" type of job for me! It was a packed house all day long with knitters coming in the see the SWTC trunk show and participate in the Sock Boot Camp and taking Linda's all day sock class. If you haven't taken one of her many classes at the store, you need to....she is an awesome knitting teacher! I'm still having visions of her mystery lace scarf she taught a couple of weeks ago and wishing I had taken the class....it is gorgeous!

Sunday we had Guild . It was a great meeting! The new board has lots of exciting new ideas. I did the program this month teaching the English Diamond Quilt Stitch. Pretty much everyone who tried it got it and it was a fun stitch to learn with lots of design possibilities. After the program we had our swap meet. All in all, a fun afternoon.

I did get in all that sock yarn I bought online the other day. So far I am pleased with what I got! I haven't cast any of it on yet, so the true test remains to be seen as far as knitability and wearability goes, but for less than 6 bucks per pair, I'm very happy with what I got! It is JL yarns Vinca. Very soft and squishy! I got 10 different colorways(and I like them all)....20 skeins total. It is a 75% superwash wool, 25% nylon blend which is usually my favorite for socks since I like being able to toss them in the washer and dryer! Getting that much at once made me have the fleeting thought about how many pairs of potential socks I have in the stash......well.....let's just not go there...lol. Let it suffice to say that if I knit a pair a month for the next several years....and no, I'm not going to say how many years :-).......I will still have some sock yarn! And that does not take into consideration the upcoming Sock Club I joined.....Woolgirl......which starts shipping next month!

Decided to post just one of the colorways here. I should have taken a pic of it all piled in a heap but I took individual pics instead so I could add them to my stash in Ravelry.

In digging through the sock yarn stash the other day I realized that I did not have anything with black and white in it!!! A lot of my wardrobe is black and white so I decided I must have some socks for those outfits! I picked up some Fiesta Ballet in the Coyote colorway at Gourmet.

I think I have enough sock yarn for a while...lol.

We are heading out in a couple of days for our first motorhome excursion of the season. I'm really looking forward to it. I just love going out in that thing. It's so relaxing to just be away from everything that "should" be done around here when I'd rather just knit...lol! We hadn't really thought about going anywhere this early in the season, but Savy & Dax are going to be gone over the Easter weekend.....Savy is already down in Texas with her other Grandparents for spring break and the rest of the family are going down Friday. This will be the first year since she was born that we haven't colored and hidden easter eggs with/for her, so we made a last minute decision to just take off and have a change of scenery. We aren't going far....just to Lake Texhoma and it looks like the weather is going to cooperate.....at least until Sunday so I envision a lot of sitting outside under the awning with knitting bag in tow, walking the "boys" around on leash exploring and basically relaxing.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds like a wonderful weekend to me! Have fun.

     
  • At 11:17 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    Thank you - I have a ball teaching. Hope you have a great trip.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home