mimiwontonknits

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Babies Abundant

Have been getting lots of grandbaby time the past couple of weeks...and I love it. Of course, I don't like that it has been mostly because they are sick...don't like that at all...but have enjoyed having them. I had Dax most of the week last week then had Miss Savy Monday and Tuesday this week. Tomorrow I will have Clayton and Carter for the morning. It's going to be interesting if the ones that live out of town (Kinley & Kayden) move here someday!!

And, of course, there is the fact that Carter & Clayton will have a new sister by this summer and the other two married kids are trying! Potential for 9 grand kids by Christmas! I guess I need to start taking vitamins...lol!

The biggest surprise on that front is my precious older daughter that lives in Texas. She and Bri had always said they weren't going to have any kids...for years they said that. They started talking about it around a year ago but none of us really thought they were serious. Turns out they were!!! I'm so excited! I talked to her a couple of days ago and she is late :-). Not sure quite how late because things have been a little unpredictable since she went off the pill....but late enough to keep my fingers crossed and hope! I'm thinking we should know by the end of the month!

Still haven't gotten around to getting a pic of the Greenjeans sweater...I wanted to get a pic of it on instead of lying on a table, but with all the busyness of the last few days I haven't gotten DH to take one yet. I did get a pic this morning of the matching socks. These feel soooo good on the feet! First ones I've done in dk and they go much faster too!

I'm making headway on the Polkadot jacket for Savy...already have the armholes done and just working on the bull's eye.

I also cast on the Log Cabin Wrap out of the Kidsilk Haze today and got squares 1, 2, and 3 done! I have never used lace weight before and it took me a bit to get used to it...but I've decided it's fun!

DH and I had a wonderful evening celebrating our 10th anniversary tonight!! I had gotten him a new leather jacket and he took me shopping and to dinner tonight. I got the cutest lime green pea-coat jacket with a matching screenprint tshirt to wear underneath and a pair of lime green suede moccasin type shoes to match...too cute! I came home and immediately hit the sock stash to find something that had a little lime green in it...I can't believe it but I actually have 3 or 4 options......may just have to get those going too!

2 Comments:

  • At 5:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I started my first laceweight item a few days ago. It did take some getting used to but I'm loving what I'm beginning to see. Good luck on yours.

     
  • At 11:59 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    Congrats on the possible news.

    I've really, really got to start on those Baby Boom sockies...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home