mimiwontonknits

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Things change!

I have never been a knitter that was plagued by "startitis" in the past. I usually have two projects going at any given time....a pair of socks and whatever else. For some weird reason I have the overwhelming urge to cast on pretty much everything in the que and then some...lol! Wonder what that is all about? I guess things do change!

It appears that I have been afflicted...with not only startitis....but finishitis! I have had Daxton's pullover done except for blocking the pieces and doing the seams....and the Boomerang Greenjeans sweater for me done except for blocking for some time now. I really have to get that blocking and seaming done.....maybe today is the day....even though casting on the Modern Quilt Wrap is calling my name!

Dax's sweater was a fast, easy knit. I did it out of Adriafil Knicol.

This week I cast on the Baby Boom to do matching socks for the Greenjeans. I took the cuff instructions for the sweater and converted them to a sock cuff. I really like the way they are working up. I'll probably do a basic stockinette foot on them.

I also cast on the Polkadot Swing Jacket for Savy. This should be an interesting knit....the whole thing, other than the sleeves, is done in the round! I have to say I'm not particularly enjoying working with the ribbon yarn. Thank goodness I don't have tons of it in the stash because I don't think I'm going to want to do another project from it right away!

Then there is this.....I'm really trying to talk my self out of casting it on....at least until I get one pair of the socks (either the Baby Booms or the Sideways Sock) done...but I think I'm losing the battle...lol.

And there are also these!!! I did these for Amanda and now I want to do myself a pair! I love how her's turned out and I really enjoyed doing them. I already got some Gourmet Yarn Company Alpaca to do them out of!!

All of these....and that doesn't even scratch the surface....lol. If I'm not careful I'm going to have a dozen wip's before the month is out...and that doesn't even take into consideration the new things I might discover...or the other things already in the que list......lol!

3 Comments:

  • At 9:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    And just what is wrong with having a dozen WIP's??? I have at least that many and some that have been zzzzz'ing for over a year. lol I'm glad to know it isn't just me!!

     
  • At 4:31 PM, Blogger Linda said…

    Knitting is for fun, not for guilt. Knit whatever you want!

     
  • At 5:45 PM, Blogger savyjade said…

    You know I have been the same way lately! I love my arm warmers so much. I have had several people ask me where I bought them. Can't wait to see you tomorrow!
    Peanut

     

Post a Comment

<< Home