mimiwontonknits

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Birthday parties are such fun! Especially when they are a grand-kid's birthday. Savy turned 6 years old and her party was at The Jump Zone on Saturday afternoon. She had a house full and her Uncle B and Aunt Mel drove up from Dallas to come too. She was sooo excited about that.

I usually had my girl's parties "off-site" after they got a little older too. It is so much easier....no spending all day decorating and preparing for the party and no spending all evening cleaning up from it! All the kids (and quite a few of the adults...lol) had a good time jumping in all the huge blow-up toys.Of course Poppy (DH for those of you who don't know) made her cake again this year and it turned out awesome as usual! The theme she picked out this year was Barbie Princess and every princess needs a castle, right?
And of course a throne!

We did miss the Knit-In and even though I missed being there her party had to take precedence, you know :-).

I'm starting to have withdrawals from The Gourmet Yarn and crew, though!! I didn't get to work last Thursday....that crud I came home with last week-end just did me in for about a week! I didn't start feeling decent again until yesterday. Guess I'll have to run over there later this week to just say hi and see what they are up to!

I did give Savy her arm-warmers, headband and leg warmers for her birthday. She looked so cute in them!

As far as knitting goes I'm pretty much done with the Hola Blankie. I do have to get one more skein of the border color. It's weird. I got the called for number of skeins in the pattern and was right on gauge but I ran out of the magenta and had whole skeins of the Cosmo and Goldenrod left over! Oh, well...it's cotton and will make great wash cloths! I've been cranking away on the Mr. Greenjeans out of the Fiesta Boomerang and am almost ready to do the toe and heel on the sideways sock.

This sock pattern is really different! It's done flat in a sort of shadow knitting technique then it's grafted into a tube...and the toe and heel are picked up and done on double points. The row on bottom is waste yarn and that is where the tube will be grafted. Not sure if I'm going to like them or not....the pattern called for 2's and that is what I get gauge on....but the fabric is a little looser than I like for socks normally. The sole feels fairly soft though so they may be ok after they are washed and bloom a little. Time will tell, I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home