mimiwontonknits

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Knitting Wall

Lots of knitting going on around here.....but all are Christmas gifts so I can't post any pics! But I only have 5 left to do....yippee!!!! Then there is the sequined/beaded felt stocking I have to do for the latest grand child, Carter....then on to things that are calling my name!!

Also on the knitting front, I am only 460 out on Ravelry!! At the rate they are inviting I should get mine this week....probably in the next couple of days! I am so excited about it. I am always making a "que" list, a stash list, a needle inventory list, etc. but they are all over the place and usually get mis-placed and I forget what the "plan" was! This way everythig can be all in one place.....and I'm really excited about a ability to pick a yarn and see what others have done with it.

We had Guild last Sunday too....so even though I'm not posting pics of WIP's and FO's....still a lot of knitterly stuff going on! I can post pics of the Guild meeting though :-).

I'm really pleased about how the Guild is going. Thanks to our being on the NewsOK calendar and the Belle Isle Library making and distributing flyers for us we are getting quite a few new people every month! One of our new guests this month just happens to be an Assistant Editor for Metro Family Magazine!!! Mari is going to get us on the magazine calendar AND is going to do an article on us for the magazine!!! How cool is that! Go Guild!!!


The other thing on knitting.......the "Knitting Wall" is up!!!! I ordered and received 4 more of the sorting bins for my shelves!!!! I got them all up and "stuffed" last night! I ended up filling them totally up and my sweet DH asked me if I wanted to order another one....but I decided not to. Pretty much everything found a place in the shelves except for dishrag cotton, partial skeins left over from projects and charity yarn. Those are still in bags stuffed in the corner. After sorting everything and putting it in the shelves, I figured some of it will go to the swap meet at Guild next month and a good portion of it is screaming at me to be used....so I'll be motivated to get busy.....if for no other reason than to make room for new "inhabitants"! I love this storage system so much I just catch myself standing in front of it and staring! All my needles, all my books/patterns and most all of my stash in ONE place!!!!


Of course, the bottom left shelf is Savy's "stash".....lol! That little girl just loves her arts and crafts supplies and needed an organized space for her stuff too!

Well, I do have to get off here and get busy! Got to take Dad to the Dr., out to lunch and to get a haircut....then home to finish spiffing up the house for company. My step-daughter and her family are coming in today. They are staying in a hotel instead of with us but want things to be ready and a meal planned in case they come by here. They are having a joint birthday party for our precious little grand-daughters on Saturday. Kinley is turning 3 next month and Kayden just turned 1. We haven't seen them since we went to Chicago right after Kayden was born so we are excited to see them!

4 Comments:

  • At 8:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Long time no hear! Good to see a post. I'm pea green over your wall of yarn. May I ask where you ordered your storage pieces?

     
  • At 5:20 PM, Blogger CurliSu said…

    What a beautiful wall!
    Some day . . .

     
  • At 5:30 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    I see you're raveling now...

    And I *LOVE* the wall - I'm jealous of that wonderful organization!

     
  • At 12:16 PM, Blogger Missy said…

    I'm so envious our your knitting wall!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home