mimiwontonknits

Friday, July 06, 2007

Mystery Solved & Mystery Stole!

After all the fun hints and all the wonderful goodies I received, SP 10 is over! I got my "reveal" box from my spoiler yesterday....and man, did she spoil me! You've seen the other great packages she has sent and this one was no exception....it was fantastic!
It started out with Nicky Epstein's book "Knitted Flowers" and 4.....count em.....4 skeins of sock yarn!! Does this girl know the way to my heart? I'd say so ;-). Two skeins of Opal, one of Trekking XXL and one of Boston....saw the San Diego colorway at the store this week, but haven't seen the Boston before...so pretty!
Next in the box I found a couple of HUGE skeins! One is 9.8 oz of New Zealand wool in a dark smokey grey from Pollywogs The next one is a soft, soft hank of 100% pigtail cotton chenille from Henry's Attic in N.Y. I'm thinking the wool will turn into a felted something and will have to find something special to do with the cotton. There were also 2 packages of yummy chocolate...if you look closely you can see that one box is already open...lol...there happens to be a piece gone from that box but I can't figure out what happened to it ;-)

The next treasure I found in the box was the "green thing" she alluded to in her last hint!! She made me the most delicious soap! It had that whole box just smelling heavenly! Not sure exactly what "flavor" it is, but I think I detect a wintergreen/peppermint scent. I can't wait to use it!


The other things in the box were a skein of Knit Picks Bare and a nice handwritten card revealing her identity. I have taken the pic of the yarn with some of the "hints" she has sent me periodically through out the swap. All patterns she emailed me were from Knit Picks.


She was so clever and sneaky sending me all those patterns.....I really thought I had things figured out.....I thought I was soooo smart and just knew that I would be getting the yarns called for in these patterns in my reveal box....otherwise she wouldn't have sent them to me...right?


WRONG!!! So....I was a tad confused when I opened the box and found all those other fantastic yarns, delighted to be sure...but couldn't figure out the "connection"! That is....until I read her note and went out online to explore and read her blog!


Turns out my SP spoiler is a celebrity of sorts!!! How cool is that?!!! I discovered that all those patterns from Knit Picks she sent were actually KNITTED BY HER!!!!! Yep, pull out your Knit Picks catalog and you will see the handiwork of my pal up close and personal!


I just don't know what to say......thank you seems pale in comparison to how fun she made the whole SP 10 experience for me.....but.....THANK YOU, Kim
Go on over and check out her blog!!! She flat out rocks!


On the knitting scene, pretty much everything has taken a back seat to the Mystery Stole 3 pattern. I don't think I have ever, in my entire knitting life, tinked one project so much...lol! It seems like I have to tink every row at least once...maybe not, but it seems like it! Strangely enough, I am really enjoying it! Of course, after all the agonizing about my yarn choice, I sort of wish I had picked something different. I am using Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn and I do like the feel of the fabric it is making, but it has a slight varigation of color and I'm thinking the lacework would show up better on a solid.....guess I'll just have to make another one...lol! Maybe I'll even try true lace weight next time around....not the Cashwool, though...just too tiny for me and I couldn't seem to get a good stitch definition with it at all. Anyway, clue # 2 came out today and I'm still pluggin away on clue # 1!! Still have 30-something rows to do on it. I wish I could just stay home all day in bum around clothes and knit on it. This week has seemed to be so hectic and busy...just go, go, go and I'm really tired today. Unfortunately I have to go to the grocery store....just too many things we are out of. I need a quiet day! Oh, well....maybe Sunday? Time will tell.


2 Comments:

  • At 2:35 PM, Blogger Missy said…

    Ooh, I LOVE that blue sock yarn. Is the brand Boston or just the colorway? I tried googling "sock yarn Boston" and I didn't find anything that gorgeous out there.

     
  • At 9:24 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said…

    What an outstanding pal you had! She has really outdone herself! So, ENJOY!

    The lace stole is looking great. I hope you get loads of time to knit this weekend.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home