mimiwontonknits

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Daxton's 1st Birthday & Maiden Voyage

I just can't believe Dax is one year old already!! Seems like just a couple of weeks ago we were holding him at the hospital! His party was Saturday afternoon with mostly family there. He had such a good time...and so did everyone else :-)


DH made his cakes....he has made all of Savy's birthday cakes, the wedding and groom's cakes for both Amanda and Melissa and the groom's cakes for all his kid's weddings. He is sooo talented when it comes to that....even if he is my hubby.....I have to brag on him a little! He is amazing.....just give him the "theme" of the party or tell him the basics of what you want and he takes it from there! I'll have to post pics of all the other ones he has made sometime. They are just fantastic! That was one of the reasons we tried so hard to buy that bakery...but it obviously wasn't meant to be!


He made Dax his own little cake....and it's a good thing he did...lol. No one else would have gotten any cake if he hadn't!!! Here's why:

We also took our "maiden voyage" in the motor home this weekend. We left after the party and headed out. We went to a little rv park in Stillwater so we would get there before dark to get everything hooked up. I think we are really going to like this rving thing!! We really did enjoy it! The park we went to looked really nice online......however.......you guessed it.....it was really a crummy little park!! It was ok for our purposes....to figure out how everything works and to just rest a little, but I sure am glad we didn't take Savy with us this time! There was nothing....and I DO mean nothing to do there! And the spaces were so small we didn't have room to even put out our awnings! They did have onsite restrooms and a small laundry room but that was it! No picnic tables, no park, no playground, no pond or anything for fishing, no pool....not a good destination for a family fun type outing!


Overall we are still really pleased with our new toy. With it being 20 years old we have been so pleasantly surprised at how little is wrong with it! We had a minor leak on the kitchen faucet, the automatic step has a couple of issues and the little tv that came in it doesn't work....that's it! All the main stuff...generator, a/c, stove and icebox, hot water heater, water systems....it all works great! The dogs did really well in it too! We were very pleasantly surprised at how good they did....just no problems at all.....well....maybe only one.....Stoneleigh likes to help drive...lol

Didn't get a whole lot of knitting done this week....just too much going on. Still have second Tidal Wave sock going and have started doing mitered squares from left over sock yarns. Going to try to do one from every pair of socks I make then put them all together in a blankie. Only ones that will be AWOL will be those I do for DH....his foot takes up pretty much all the yarn...lol! So far I have two done but am going to have to move on for the time being. I joined the Mystery Stole 3! I have never done anything like this....and have never worked with lace weight so it should be interesting. The first clue comes out Friday so I need to get my yarn wound and swatched the next day or two. Will post more about the yarn and some pics as it goes along.

On other things, I got my last SP 10 box out and she got it yesterday. She seemed to really like all her goodies. This was really fun! I loved getting stuff for my pal and I have gotten the nicest things from my upstream pal! She has told me there is one more coming so I'm haunting the mailbox these days...lol. As much as I loved doing this and the swap-bot swaps, I'm going to take a little break from them for a while. I have so many things lined up I want to do already and there are other things I'm wanting to spend on right now, so I'll probably wait until at least fall before I do any more swap type things.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:44 PM, Blogger Laura said…

    Yes, your SP 10 pal definitely loved all her goodies!

    Now she's tagging you for this Birthday Meme. It doesn't compare to all your thoughtful packages, but at least I can share a little fun!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home