mimiwontonknits

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Just Stuff.




No particular reason for the post this morning...just stuff on my mind. I did finish the ML socks in worsted weight. In Stephanie Pearl-McPhee's latest book she talks about the fact that there are two basic types of knitters.....process knitters and project knitters. I guess this experience has landed me in the project knitter category. I just couldn't bear the thought of that one lonely sock lying around....even though I didn't particularly enjoy doing them.
I had intended to do toe-up socks next but yesterday morning I was running late and needed to grab a project to take with me because I had a dr. appt after work. I couldn't imagine sitting in a waiting room without something to knit on!! Turned out that most of my sock stash is in hanks and I didn't have time to wind anything before I left. Soo...I grabbed a skein of Tofutsie's I got at GY and cast on the Tidal Wave socks SWTC has on their web page for it. They are working up pretty fast.....and remind me a bit of the Monkey socks. And it feels good to be back on my dpns!!
On other things....DH and I are looking at RVs!! I know that sounds crazy with the cost of gasoline these days, but for us I think it would end up being a wash compared to other forms of travel. If you factor in the cost of gas (or airfare), lodging, meals and the biggie for us.....the cost of kenneling all the fur-babies.....it costs us just as much if not more to go anywhere! With an RV we can just take the poo-heads with us instead of boarding them. Anyway, we have put the pencil to it and have found one we are considering. Not a new one, mind you...most of those cost as much as our house!!! Insane! This one is an older model....1989....but is in pristine condition!!! It actually looks like it was pulled off the show-room floor it is so nice. Not a scratch, dent or rust spot on the outside and the upholstry/carpet looks brand new....except for the fact it has an 80's color scheme...lol! It only has 63,000 miles on the engine and 350 hours on the generator. We still want to have all the mechanical systems checked out of course, but once we get all our ducks in a row....if someone hasn't bought it out from under us....we will probably do it! I think it will be such fun to take grand kids and our families on trips with us!!
As far as the part-time job goes......it is gone! Yesterday was just the deal-breaker for me. I feel so sorry for the lady I was working for, but being around her just drives me insane and wears me out. I can't even begin to tell how miserable yesterday was so I'm not going to even try.....I would end up writing a novel on here! All I can say is I really believe she needs to be hospitalized until they can find a combo of meds that will work to calm her down and get her mental state stabilized.
The other thing that is on my mind is the situation my ex is causing. It just breaks my heart. I don't have any direct contact with him anymore....thank the Lord....but when he hurts people I love, it hurts me too!! It is weird that you can spend 23 years of your life with someone....know them inside-out, and then they change to someone you can't imagine ever even knowing....much less living with and raising children with!! I and other family members think there is something wrong with him....maybe bi-polar or something like it.......he is really like another person that no one has ever met......a really mean person who says and does the most hurtful things possible to people he claims to care about and he just expects them to keep taking what he dishes out. He can be nice, funny and engaging (like he used to be) one minute then turn into something so hateful the next it is hard to believe! I am praying that God gives my girls the wisdom, strength and words to do what needs to be done to protect themselves and their families from the venom he continually spews. It's bad enough he treats his own children the way he has lately, but now he has started doing the same thing to his parents!!! They are some of the sweetest, most caring people I have ever met and have doted on him their entire lives.....it is just soo soo sad! The very thought of him having the chance to treat those precious grandbabies that way just strikes terror in my heart! Anyway....please say a little prayer for him and those around him that he is hurting!!!
Another thought for the day :-)
A friend is someone who laughs at your jokes when they aren't very funny and sympathizes with your problems when they aren't very serious.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:17 AM, Blogger savyjade said…

    I am just so lucky to have you as a mother!! You have always stuck by me no matter what! I know you and God will be with me when I meet with Dad again. Thank goodness for that. I love you so! Can't wait to see you later.
    Peanut

     

Post a Comment

<< Home