mimiwontonknits

Friday, May 11, 2007

Mother's Day Tea and Sock Yarn!




I had the best day yesterday! Only way it could have been better was if my girl felt better! Hope you get over this and feel great soon Sweetheart!!


I went down to Amanda's to help her out a little since she's under the weather and to attend the Mother's Day Tea that Savy's class put together for their Moms. It was the sweetest thing I have ever seen! The kids had worked sooo hard getting ready to honor their mommies! And what a great Mommie my daughter is.....she felt so awful and going really wore her out but there was no way she was going to not go and disappoint her little girl!






They had their little tables all set up with "table cloths" that they had made, cookies, drinks, "worm pudding cups", and the sweetest recipe card holders they had decorated with their little thumb prints! They had also been working on a program and sang us several songs!

The rest of the day went great too. Both Savy and Dax were just the sweetest things and such good kids for Mimi! Everyone took a nice long nap so I even got to rest a little too.






As luck would have it, the mailman brought part of my Mother's Day gift while I was there :-)

Since I was there and helped bring in the mail....I got to have it early!! YES, I LOVE it and YES my girl knows her Mom....LOL! She had ordered me a skein of yummylicious Yarn Pirate Yarn!! She had signed up for notification when any became available and managed to snag one for me before they all sold out....the first day! The colorway is called Sagebrush and it is beautiful!


And on the subject of socks.....DH has heard me talk about "Sock of the Month" type things for ages. I have been intrigued by them ever since I heard about them but just couldn't justify the cost of some of them with our budget constrains since I retired. Every time I hear about a new one he has to listen to me jabber about it! I don't know if he's just tired of hearing it or what...LOL, but he told me to go ahead and do one!! Since I'm trying to be prudent in our finances I still hadn't done it.....that is until last month!! I managed to find one that is really economical.....in comparison anyway. In fact....it is so much less than any others I have heard of I was almost nervous about doing it!! I did a little more research and discovered that it is only a month to month commitment...you can stop at any time!!! They bill your Pay Pal when it is shipped so no huge up-front costs either!!! I figured on those terms it was worth the risk....if I got cruddy yarn or if the service was bad, I would just cancel the member ship. Well.....I just got my second kit and I have NOT been disappointed!!! Both yarn and the patterns have been just great....they have gotten here when promised.....oh, and did I mention.....the kits are only $15.00 a month!!!! I haven't cast on either one yet.....still working on basic sock and squares for the heirloom afghan, but one of these may be next...just to see how it goes.

Here are the two kits I have gotten so far. They are from Chameleon Colorworks.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:56 AM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said…

    That mother's day tea party is just precious! : )

    I love the yarns! Enjoy your sock club.

    Have a great weekend!

     
  • At 11:34 AM, Blogger Susan said…

    The tea aounds like it was great. Love the frog hats! and theyarn is really pretty too!

    Hope Amanda is feeling better.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home