mimiwontonknits

Monday, April 30, 2007

Spring Planting















Yea...it's hopefully really spring now....it had better be anyway since I planted a bunch of flowers this weekend...lol! I just love this time of year and getting the bedding plants out to brighten up the yard. The bursts of color always make me feel like smiling. We still have a lot to do since we moved back to this house. The renters trashed the yard as well as the inside of the house. From what I have been told by neighbors the bare spot right out the front door was the smoking area when the renters had parties.....and it shows! We tried seeding that area last year but couldn't get anything going there. I really hate having that big old patch of dirt right out front! It is right under a big tree too so that makes it a challenge as well.
We have decided to go ahead and get sod this year. I am so excited about getting rid of that eyesore....not to mention the mud that gets tracked in from it when it rains! It was recommended that we put zoysia down since it is a shade loving grass. Hopefully it will do well. I'm actually sort of excited about having a shady area. Some of my favorite plants can't take full Oklahoma sun and I didn't have any shady areas at the other house. So this year I get to have hostas and impatients...yea!




Summer tee report....it's done!! Well...not blocked, not sewn together yet, but all the pieces are done. Hope to get the shoulder seams done, pick up and do the neckline tonight and have it ready to wear by tomorrow. Yipee!




Have done a couple more inches on the first basic sock and will probably do a few more small projects before I do anything else big. I like instant-gratification...lol!




I did remember that I have a baby shower coming up really soon so I will actually probably put everything else down and work on a hat/socks combo for that. I cast it on last night and have about 3 inches done on the hat so I should get it finished by the 6th....I hope so anyway!!! I found a skein of Magic Stripes in the stash that is little boy looking and am using that.
After that...hmmm...maybe finish a square for the family afghan, try a toe-up or magic loop sock..neither of which I have done yet! Time will tell. I will probably change my mind a dozen times between now and when I actually cast something new on!

3 Comments:

  • At 12:02 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said…

    The yard is looking great! I love this time of year, too. : )

     
  • At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your summer tee looks gorgeous. I'd love to see you in it.

     
  • At 10:36 AM, Blogger Terri said…

    Very nice. We are going to Lowe's tonight. Uhmmmmm what shall I buy. I know DH wants elephant ears.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home