mimiwontonknits

Friday, April 13, 2007

Frustrating Week

Finally!! I actually feel like getting on the computer for more than a couple of minutes! The week started out great and I had all these productive things planned!! Clean the house, get all the laundry caught up, finish the SBA packet and get it turned in to the bank, go by and knit/visit with my buddy Susan, go watch Savy get her dance pics made.....well...what is that old saying about "best laid plans?" LOL


I did something....and I have no clue what it was....that caused my back to "go out". I don't know if there is a more technically or medically correct term for it, but that is what I have always called it. It happens to me periodically and has for several years....and it is so frustrating when it does! It is so darn painful. There is just nothing you can do to get comfortable. Sitting, standing, walking, lying down...doesn't matter....just hurts like the dickens. And sitting in front of the computer is out of the question! Needless to say, none of my "things" got done this week as a result. I have spent the entire week leaning to the right and living in a sweat suit with an ice bag crammed down the back of my pants.....sporting a HUGE bum...at least it looked that way :-)!


On the bright side...the only thing I could tolerate doing is knitting so I did get a few things done for the Guild's charity. Three sets of hats/booties and a little blanket...well...the blanket does need a few more rows, but that should be done in plenty of time to turn everything in on Sunday at the Guild meeting.


Isn't it funny that things really bug you when you can't do anything about it? Strange phenomonen. I can usually totally ignore things like dust bunnies on the hardwood floors....at least for a few days....unless I can't do anything about it. Then it drives me insane...lol! And of course, all four of the fur-kids decided to be high maintenance all week....getting into things, making messes, etc.
Anyway, I am much better today...not totally back to normal...still a little stiff if I bend over to pick something (or someone) up, but not hurting any more. Am planning on being a little low-key today so I don't hurt it again!! The plan is to go to Tulsa tomorrow with DH for his Comas meeting and visit the yarn stores there and I don't want to miss out on that trip! There is no way I could stand a ride in the car for that long with my back the way it has been all week, so I'll probably spend most of the day carefully pampering my back!

4 Comments:

  • At 7:38 AM, Blogger savyjade said…

    I am so sorry your back has been hurting. I miss you! Just take it easy today so you can go check out the knitting stores in Tulsa. Love you!
    Peanut

     
  • At 8:34 AM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said…

    I hope you feel better right away!

    The charity hats and booties are adorable. : )

     
  • At 9:25 AM, Blogger Terri said…

    Hope you are feeling better. See ya later

     
  • At 7:03 PM, Blogger Guinifer said…

    I inherited this same tendency from my mom - although not to the same extent that she suffers from it. In the last few years she has benefited from PT. Helps to have a good insurance plan though.

    Hope you feel better soon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home