mimiwontonknits

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Hmmm...decisions, decisions!

Ok....we have a challenge from our SP10 hostess, Robyn! We are to figure out what our "favorite" knitting accessory is. Didn't think much about it until I started trying to decide! I mean, we NEED them all, right? The guage gizmos, the teensy little scissors, the stitch holders, the stitch markers, tape measurers, row counters...the list can literally go on and on! And there are more out there that I would like to have as well!! A girl can never have too many! One for each wip for instance! I currently have both my row counters "in use" to keep up with the pattern!

One of the "knitterly" things that I want to improve on is substituting yarns in patterns. I tend to either use the recommended yarn...or at least choose one that has the same guage specifications....which is sort of limiting! Especially when you are trying to "knit from stash"! I also have some yarns I bought in an estate sale that were new, but had no sleeve that I'm trying to pick projects for. Have been intending to order one of those little wpi thingies but haven't managed to get around to it yet. One of these days!!

Hmmmm...now...down to business....which gadget is my favorite? I guess I have to narrow it down somewhat...lol! Even though I tend to use the little rubber ones more, I do love different stitch markers! The more unique the better! I have managed to collect a few...sorry the pic is blurry!

AND....I just can't pick one....sorry! I do love my little sheep tape measure!! Basically just because he is so darn cute. He is easier to find in my bag than the plain ones too, so he gets used a lot!

Got to get out and about today. Need to go by Dad's, check his pantry and go get him stocked up again. I also have one more thing in mind for my secret pal that I need to go pick up then her first box will be ready to go!! After that, I'm heading down to DD's house. They got back home around 9 pm last night and I'm having withdrawals...got to go see them! Of course, Miss Savy-Girl stayed in Texas with her other grandparents so I won't get to see her until next week-end!!! :-( I can't wait to get over there and get my hands on the little man...Daxton! Naturally he started doing something new while they were gone...and I missed it! He has started waving! If you say hi or bye bye, he waves at you....can't wait to see it! Oh.....and he started something else new last week that I did get to see......if you say "Touchdown! Boomer Sooners"....he raises his little arms above his head....it is sooo funny and sooo darn cute!

We did manage to get little Gidget all bathed and smelling good again.....doesn't she look pitiful? As you know from prior posts, she was a rescue and her little teeth were so rotten we had to have them all taken out so this is pretty much her "normal" expression....only not soaking wet..LOL!

4 Comments:

  • At 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What size stitch markers do you use? And poor Gidget, she does NOT look like a happy camper - LOL.

    Have fun (I know you will) at Amanda's!

    Love ya.

     
  • At 3:35 PM, Blogger Montreal Mama said…

    I have the same sheep measuring tape - and I love it too! :)

     
  • At 4:52 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said…

    Cute stitch markers! Yes, I love the little sheep tape measure for the same reasons...and that it's just so sweet!

    Your little puppy does look quite beside herself to be wet. I'm sure she's recovered and happy again by now. : )

     
  • At 10:02 PM, Blogger savyjade said…

    Poor Gidget!! She looks even more pitiful than usual. I had fun with you today! I love you!
    Peanut

     

Post a Comment

<< Home