mimiwontonknits

Monday, March 05, 2007

Guilt Free Socks...Coming Soon!


I did it....I did it! I stayed on track and finished the little red sweater before starting anything else! I fully intended to do the matching hat, but turns out I didn't have enough yarn left after adding the collar and lapels...honest....I really didn't have enough! lol! I did have enough to do the matching mittens though. Have one of those done and should finish the other one sometime this evening during knit time. The only other thing I have working right now is that Kathleen felted bag...and I can't finish that until I get some "tutor time" on it..which will be Thursday...SOOOO......that being said...guess what I'm going to cast on tonight? SOCKS!!!

Of course, I'm dying to do that beautiful scarf I got in the recent swap, too....hmmm...decisions, decisions! Once I get the felted bag finished I will probably cast that on too......a girl just HAS to have options...right? And speaking of Options...:-) I should be getting those Knit-Picks Options needles I ordered this week! I should also be seeing a package on the Knitting Necessities swap within the next week or so, too. Guess I will be lurking by the window watching for the postman this week! I probably should have put something about that on my "wierd things" list....I LOVE mail. Even junk mail. The snail mail kind, though...NOT email junk mail! I think I did mention that I like "wish books/catalogues, but I like all of it....well except maybe bills..lol!

The "bills" thing is one of the reasons I have been trying so hard not to feed my yarn addiction quite so much. DH and I started the effort to become debt-free a while back and have done pretty good, even if I do say so myself. Yes, we could have done better, but all-in-all, we have done ok. We have no credit card debt...and we even cut-up the cards and closed all the accounts so we won't fall back into that trap again! We are down to the house and the MimiVan...that's it! We got the van last May and I have it down to a couple thousand so it should be gone soon too. It has been really hard to do and we have felt, many times that we are really sacrificing a lot, but we are keeping the end result in mind!

We do fall off the wagon sometimes...like getting the salt-water tank set up and going...and I have bought those 3 skeins of sock yarn, but we are going to perservere!

I think I have decided to do the Monkey socks that everyone on the socknitter's list is going on about. Probably won't actually join the KAL, but am looking forward to doing them. Pretty sure I'm going to do them out of the JKnits I got Saturday at the Knit-In. I love the colorway...soft grays and burgandys. It's funny about sock yarns. I am so drawn to the wild and funky colors but when I try to think of things to wear them with and look at the things hanging in my closet I usually end up choosing more sedate colors...but, as you can see...not always!

7 Comments:

  • At 8:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The sweater looks adorable!

     
  • At 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    the sock yarn looks yummy. The monkey socks knit up very well with a nice veri yarn. the pattern seems to show better with lighter colors.

    Nice sweater.

     
  • At 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dax's sweater is done! YEAH! Good for you! Staying on track is so hard but you are really hanging in there!

     
  • At 5:38 AM, Blogger savyjade said…

    Thank you so much for knitting the sweater for Dax. It is so wonderful. You did such a great job! He is going to look so cute! I miss you.
    Peanut

     
  • At 11:56 AM, Blogger Missy said…

    I love that sweater! What pattern did you use for it?

     
  • At 1:29 PM, Blogger Carolyn said…

    Missy,
    It is a Lion Brand pattern available as a download for a small fee...think it was around 3 bucks or so. It is called the Sweet Sophisticate Baby Set. Fun to knit and worked up pretty quick!

     
  • At 1:58 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said…

    Congratulations on your debt-free program! It sounds like you are doing GREAT!

    Yes, I always love sock yarn....it's my biggest weakness, well, along with lace weight yarn. : )

    The little sweater and mittens are precious.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home