mimiwontonknits

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Secret Pal 10 Questionnaire

Wow! Two posts in one day....can you tell I'm REALLY bored with doing the tax stuff...lol! Decided to go ahead and post the questionnaire for SP 10. I'm SOOO excited to participate in this! I just missed finding the SP 9 in time to join so I have been waiting for this one.
Here goes:

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I love pretty much any yarn except "fun-fur" type stuff and the really cheapo acrylics. My favorites are wool blend sock yarns, alpaca and cashmere blends. I do like some of the man-made fibers as long as they are soft and not "hairy".

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

Have the straights and dp's in roll-up fabric cases. Circulars are sort of all over the place. Some in a plastic envelope holder and some in the original packages in a basket.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be geginner, intermediate or advanced?

I learned when I was 12 to earn a girl scout badge. Put it down for many years and got back into it about 6 - 7 years ago. Now that I can do socks, I consider myself to be at the intermediate stage.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Yes, under Carolyn

5. What's your favorite scent?

In the house, anything that smells like something baking. For self, clean floral type scents. I like most anything except patchoulli or musky smells.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

Didn't used to, but as I get older am finding I do! I like it all...except licorice...yuck!

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I do some scrapbooking, enter sweepstakes and love swaps! I also like doing home decorating stuff. I haven't learned to spin and probably won't.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s?

I like soft rock, pop and country. No...not into the MP3 thing yet.

9. What's your favoirte color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

Not really. I do tend to chose jewel tones or rich vibrant colors instead of pastels, but a really soft, soft pale colored scarf is always pretty.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have pets?

I am married with grown children and 5 1/2 grandbabies! One due in June. Just me, DH and "fur-kids" in the house. Two Yorkies, one Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and a big fat Persian cat.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

Yes to all...usually gloves instead of mittens, though.

12. What is/are your favorite items to knit?

Socks, socks and socks...with a few things for grandkids thrown in.

13. What are you knitting right now?

Cashmere arm warmers and a cabled cardigan for 7 month old grandson.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

There is nothing better!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Definately bamboo for dp's and aluminum for circulars. Will used short straights, but like circulars better for anything bigger than a scarf.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

Yes, both.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

Oh,...now I am embarrassed! There is only ONE this old...I promise.... but the oldest one I have is over 20 years old...think I will ever finish that one? It was a tank top for my oldest daughter when she was in high school!

18. What is your favorite holiday?

Toss-up...Christmas, Easter and Valentines Day

19. Is there anything that you collect?

Not anymore...except knitting stuff, of course!

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting subscriptions do you have?

Knit-picks options......gonna have to have them at some point in time! Also too many sock yarns to mention that I haven't been able to try yet! I have subscriptions to Knit 1 (a gift), Creative Knitting and Vogue.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

Not really. I would just like to improve on the techniques I have alread learned.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

YES!! My favorite thing to knit! I wear a US size 7 shoe.

23. When is your birthday?

October 17

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home