mimiwontonknits

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Knitting and other Stuff

Thanks for the nice comments about my grandkids, Pal!! I think they are pretty darn cute....but then I MIGHT be a little bit biased..lol :-) I got my packages on their way today for the two swaps. One is going to Belgium and I about had "sticker shock" when they told me how much the postage would be...sure hope she likes it cuz I kinda went a bit over the limits on the contents before I knew how much it would be to send it! But it will be worth it if it really makes her day!

Been a crazy, busy, run-around day for most of the day! Got the dreaded Dr. appt. out of the way thank goodness. I just hate going to the Dr. Everything looked good, but he still wants me to do a stress test just to make sure....I guess it's good to make sure everything is all right, but that is one thing about Drs that annoys me...once they get you coming in, they never want to let you go! You just have to go in again and again for what seems like months on end! Oh, well...part of the hazards of getting "along" in years, I guess! Getting older "ain't" for sissies as they say..lol!

At least I did get a decent amount done on the gauntlets for my Buddy in Texas. Worked on them while in Dr office and while I was over at Susan's this afternoon. You can't see the cable very well, but they are a pattern from DIY's Knitty Gritty...with the addition of the fun-fur at the top. She wants them to be elbow length, but they are working up pretty fast so I'm thinking they won't take too long.

I AM going to be disciplined and finish the little red cabled sweater for Daxton next, then....I got this cute little sock kit for Savy a while back so I think that will be the next thing going otn. After that, I'm pretty sure I'll be casting on a pair of socks for me. Since I haven't been knitting socks very long and I've done a few pairs for other people, I only have 3 pair for me....don't want to wear them out before I get more made!! If they are clean I ALWAYS grab those first...... But then, I know I have a scarf kit coming soon.....I might not be able to resist that!

That's always the dilemma, isn't it? Too many things to knit.....not enough time, money,yarn, hands, etc...LOL!

One thing I have been really good about this year...so far, anyway...is keeping up with the Knitting Journal that Susan gave me for Christmas. I love that thing!!! It is going to be soo handy down the road to be able to look back at notes about the pattern/fit, etc! Especially for socks....the perfect place for everyone's sock "recipe" for future reference! It's also going to be neat to look back and see just how productive I was on the knitting front. I tend to forget about several projects when I reflect back and try to remember what all I did last year! Anyway, it's just really neat and I plan to do one every year now!

OHHHHHH...I'm about ready to commit puppy-cide!!! Yes, that precious little puppy face a couple of posts back...that innocent little face....Stoneleigh.....has been in the other room trying to frog Daxton's sweater while I have been in here blogging!!!! Does the phrase "pinch your head off" sound familiar? Fortunately, he didn't get anything pulled out on what I've done....just slobbered all over the attached skein! Thank goodness I have more yarn than called for...the little stinker! I guess he is ticked off at me for being gone so long today because he has been trying my patience ever since I walked in the door...into one thing after another...and ignoring the mulitude of dog toys strewn all over the place. Oh, well....life and times of having a young puppy.....major pain in the booty sometimes, but so cute and loveable when asleep...lol!.....kind of like kids, sometimes! :-)

3 Comments:

  • At 7:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    As I was reading your blog Miss Lexi has been by my side meowing wanting me to give her attention. Petting her soft fur isn't doing the job! lol Our poor spoiled babies!!

     
  • At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    mmmmmmm, puppy spit. (I know, I have a lab, they have nothing but spit!) A gentleman I serve on a board with has a King Charles (I think she's 13 YO - and she is hysterical - she grunts like a little piggy! Kind of hard to have a board meeting when she's running around underfoot grunting away!)

    I got the last item for your package today - hoo, hoo! I am excited to pack it all up! I had a pal in Amsterdam for SP9, I know what you mean about the sticker shock. Imagine it three times though! I asked for a local pal for SP10 - I just got my e-mail today!

    I am currently in a sock obsession. Socks, socks and more socks. Check out the photo pool over at this flickr group: http://flickr.com/groups/lvsm2007/pool/

     
  • At 1:40 PM, Blogger mrplusminus said…

    What in the heck does it mean to "frog a sweater"? I think this web site is supposed to be family oriented.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home