mimiwontonknits

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Yipee!!

Got notification by email that I have been accepted in the Secret Pal 10 Swap!!! Will be posting the questionaire answers a little closer to the start date in March! I love doing the swap thing...it is sooo much fun! I have done several swaps on www.swap-bot.com but this is the first one of the Secret Pal swaps for me. I have had pretty good luck with all of the others. I have gotten a great pal for the Winter Scarf Kit Swap it seems!! She is so nice and has been posting comments here....of course I "lost" several of them when ditzy me deleted my blog. I have two boxes that I'm going to be mailing tomorrow....one for the Scarf Kit swap and one for a Magic Yarn Ball swap.

I even set up a swap of my own on swap-bot yesterday. My first time hostessing one, too. When I checked this morning I already had 9 people signed up for it....pretty good, I think for less than 24 hours on the board. It is for Knitting Necessities. We will see how it goes.

I did finally finish the two sides to the felted bag so I can move on to other things until the next class at GY. I cast on for my friend, Amy's, gauntlets. Just barely started with the ribbing. She chose a fun fur for the tops of them and Debbie Bliss Casherino for the body. Can't tell much about it from the pic because I didn't get a whole lot done....I was busy with Grandkids today!!! That has to be my favorite kind of day!

I kept Clayton for a little while this morning while his Mom & Dad ran some errands and had a meeting. It was the first time he had seen Poppy's aquarium and he is obsessed with Nemo right now so it was a huge hit!! He is 20 months old and he was just mesmerized with the two "Nemos" in there. He really liked the candy cane shrimp, too!

Later on in the day Savy & Dax came over for a little while! They love the tank, too. It amazes me how long they can stay there just looking at it! So I'm thinking....it was a pretty good investment!!!! Sure makes entertaining the grandkids easy...lol! My favorite kind of day! Little kids and fur-kids running around all over the place!






Tomorrow will be a busy, out of the house day. Starting at 8:30....yuck....I have gotten spoiled since I have retired. I usually still get out of bed pretty early, but getting dressed is another story altogether..lol!

Have a follow up Dr. appt. from when I was in the hospital at Christmas just to make sure everything is hunky-dory. Haven't had any more issues so am pretty sure all is fine. Then I have to get those swap packages in the mail then spend the afternoon knitting with my buddy, Susan. We try to get together once a week....doesn't always work out, but we try! It's always a run relaxing time to just visit and knit. We usually meet at her house....it's definately more relaxing over there than it is here with my zoo!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:07 PM, Blogger savyjade said…

    Thank you for posting the pics of Dax! I had fun today just wish it was longer! Love you!
    Peanut

     
  • At 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Those are the best kid expressions I have seen in a very long time!!!

    I have one thing left to put into your package, and then it will be off into the mail!

    I'm doing the magic yarn ball swap too! I'm sending my box off in the mail tomorrow as well!

    Have a good day, pal!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home