mimiwontonknits

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Knitting Lesson


A while back I mentioned that Savy had asked me about learning to knit a few times. I thought she was probably not quite ready to learn and had decided to wait a couple of years. A lot of people encouraged me to go ahead and "go for it" because you never know.....that Montessori teaches it at age five, etc. I went out and got her a little bag, some kid's needles and a skein of chunky yarn. Also found a cute latchhook kit and picked that up, too! She was really excited about it when I gave it to her.

We had a little "lesson" this morning...she was so cute! The lesson didn't last very long...she has never had a really long attention span...she is too busy and can't sit still for very long. She was almost 4 years old before she could sit still long enough to watch an entire cartoon! Anyway, it was fun introducing her to the craft that I love so much! In reality, it probably will be a while longer before she is ready to sit and do it by herself....after a few more lessons, lol! But I have planted the seed! With her Mommie and I both being "yarn-a-holics", she probably doesn't stand a chance! Then, again, she might not like it at all...or she may wait many years and develop the interest like her Mom and Aunt Mel did. I taught both my girls when they were about 9 - 10. They did it for a short time then lost interest until they were grown. I guess it was about 7 years ago they both approached me and asked me to teach them again. Melissa did a couple of beautiful projects then got on a fast-track career wise and hasn't done much lately. Amanda is another story.....is almost as addicted as I am! I think Amanda posted on her blog recently about something I say to her all the time...."Mirror, mirror on the wall....I'm becoming my Mother, after all!" LOL!

Got a little more done on the arm warmer/gauntlets last night....but not a lot. When my girl is here, I don't usually get a lot done...other than playing! Will post a pic of one when I finish it and cast on the second one. Will finish up the post with just pics of our time with Savy Girl!

Plan today is to hit Affair of the Heart. I love going to that when it is here. Don't have a lot of excess cash this time to spread around, but it is still fun to go!

1 Comments:

  • At 5:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow look at that! One of my kids learned to crochet at about 5.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home