mimiwontonknits

Friday, February 09, 2007

Non-Techno

You know, I don't think any of us really realize how dependant we are on some of our modern technology....until we don't have it!! Indicative of my day today!

The day got off to a funky start at the beginning....we have one of those programable coffee pots that goes off about 30 minutes before we get up so I am used to stumbling straight to the kitchen for that first cup immediately. Well....making up the coffee pot is and always has been DH's job...funny how that happens without ever talking about it....we just end up with our respective unspoken "jobs".....Anyway....he always does it unless he is out of town....which he was last night. I SWEAR I set it...the green light WAS on when I went to bed - but this morning...a cold, empty pot!!! I admit it...I am spoiled and that wasn't a cheery wake-up this morning...lol! I got it going and went out to get my newspaper. I always read the paper with my morning coffee......no paper. It never came today at all. Soooo after the upset to my morning routine, I re-group and decide to get caught up on reading emails, favorite blogs, etc instead of reading the paper.......you guessed it......no internet!!!

I was actually without internet, television and telephone ALL day!!! They finally got the phone back up around 3:30 this afternoon, but the rest wasn't back running until around 5:00! I honestly didn't realize just how many times during the day I come in here and get online...until I couldn't! One good thing came of it, though. I finished my financials for the half-year I was still working as a Realtor....all done! Now I can wrap up the worksheets for our taxes and be done early this year. A good thing.....unless we owe money, of course!

Oh, my...I have to confess....the colorful comment about "frogging" is from my son-in-law...silly boy...LOL!! He does have a funny sense of humor...best thing about him, though, is the way he loves my daughter and Savy...and how good he is to them! We are blessed to have him in our family!! Now....don't go getting a big head, David! LOL!

Thank you, Pal...for the link to the flicker site. What wonderful socks!!! I am a sock nut, too. I have been doing some other things lately, and do quite often, but I am always thinking about doing socks and wanting to be working on a pair instead of what I am working on! It actually sounds like you and I have a lot of things in common! :-) I'm excited about the Secret Pal 10, too!! I missed the last one and have been waiting for this one to open up. I hope I don't get a partner that is overseas....I would much rather spend the money on "stuff" for my partner than a lot of postage! We will see, I guess....I'm looking forward to really spoiling my partner, who-ever it is!

No pics to post today since it was a "non-techno" day! Savy is spending the night tomorrow night, so will probably have some to post on Sunday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home