mimiwontonknits

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

ONE DIRTY CAT!


Well, Mr. Astor.....better known as Akira Blue caused a ruckus around here yesterday! He wasn't feeling good and was leaving less-than-desireable deposits around the house....thank goodness I have hard surface floors, is all I can say about that....I just can't deal with stuff like that!! As I was rushing around cleaning up after him, I decided to let him go outside for a while so I could get things back in order then call and see if I could get him into the vet. He has always, since he was a tiny kitten, loved to go outside. Funny thing is he has never...not even once....tried to leave the back-yard! Well....he didn't leave the yard yesterday either....he just chose to play "Houdini" and hid...and I THOUGHT he left the yard! He usually never wants to stay out more than an hour or so either, so he had me frantic when I couldn't find him and he never came back to the door to be let back in!

After I cleaned up his messes I went out to look for him and couldn't find him anywhere! I looked under Savy's playhouse and the deck with a flashlight and everywhere else I could think of. Amanda & Savy came over later and helped look for him, too. We all called and called him....and nothing!!! I went out front and walked around the neighborhood looking and calling, too. DH was out of town yesterday and not due in until bed-time. By the time DH came in, I was crying and feeling so bad about letting Akira out!!! It was cold and misting and I was so upset and worried about him being sick out in that...or worse...that he had gotten out of the yard and gotten ran over.....or he was sicker than I thought and just "went off somewhere"....he is getting pretty old and you just never know. As many times as I went out and looked for him, DH went out with the flashlight - a full 12 hours after Akira went out there - and found him under the deck within the first 5 minutes....the little toot meowed for him! I guess he had been there all along! The only problem is, we couldn't get him to come out...he just sat under there and meowed! I don't know why he didn't just come out the way he went in, but he wouldn't! Long story short....you guessed it....we busted out part of the deck! The noise scared him and he still wouldn't come out for a while, but eventually he crawled out of the hole. He is one dirty boy from being under there, too! Today, we will be going to the vet to get checked out and get a bath! And I think we will get rid of that deck and pour a slab before too long!

I did manage to get the first arm warmer for my Buddy, Amy, finished last night after things calmed down. They come up over the elbow and are so soft and warm! Here by myself this morning, so couldn't get a full shot of the top with the fun-fur stuff, but here it is. Still planning on finishing Daxton's red cabled cardigan next, but I'm dying to get a pair of socks going....I guess I am officially addicted...to socks! I'm really having withdrawals...LOL!

Don't know how much knitting I will get done this week, though...it's shaping up to be pretty busy. Have to get taxes done and to cpa this week, have Savy's Campfire Kids Valentine Party tonight....meeting with cpa about a business we are thinking about trying to buy on Wednesday....will post more about that later...if we decide to do it...., keeping Savy & Dax Thursday night and DD and husband from Dallas are coming in Friday night, so the week-end will be full, too! They usually leave before noon on Sundays when they come, then we have Guild on Sunday afternoon. It will all be fun!

I guess those taxes aren't going to do themselves, so I had better get to it!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:55 AM, Blogger savyjade said…

    I am so glad you found Akira. I know you were just devastated! I can't wait to see you later. Love you! Peanut

     
  • At 9:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm glad you found Akira. Lovely wrist warmer!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home