mimiwontonknits

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Doing the Happy Dance!

WOW!!! Don't you just love surprises? I do!! And boy did I get one today! I have been doing swaps for about a couple of months now. All-in-all, it's been a pretty good experience. Did get burned..totally...on one. Never got anything at all....and no responses from emails to her. And got sort of burned on another one...got a package, but the contents were basically useless. The majority was pictures cut from magazines! Don't quite get that, but I guess that falls under the One Man's Junk, etc. saying! Got some pretty nice stuff on the others.

Well today I got two packages in the mail!! Got a nice skein of Sockotta from my partner in the Sassy Sock Yarn swap.

I like the colors and a girl can never have too much sock yarn, right? Thanks Candace!

There was another box sitting on the porch as well. All I can say about that is Oh My Gosh, Oh My Goodness and (as Rachel Ray says)...Oh My Gravy! This was from the Scarf Kit Partner who has been posting around here lately :-)! She BLEW ME AWAY with her package!!! It is by far the best I have ever received...talk about restoring my faith in the swap thing! Everything in the box I LOVED! She obviously put a ton of thought and effort into it and when I opened it I felt like it was a gift from a friend that had known me forever! Guinifer.....you ROCK!!!!!

Ok....are you ready to see what all she sent me? Here goes! She sent a huge travel mug stuffed with all kinds of sweet snacky goodies. Yum, yum! Next I pulled out a package wrapped in pink tissue and tied with a black & White checkered ribbon which had 3 delish gourmet hot chocolate drink mixes. How did she know I love different flavored hot chocolate? Following that I found a big package wrapped in gold tissue that had SIX skeins of Knit Picks Andean Treasure...ummmm sooooo soft! Three skeins of Embers and three of Sunset. She was so thoughtful she even included the invoice so I could exchange the colors if I didn't like them! NO WAY!!! I love what she chose and would have chosen it myself! There was a great pattern from Knit Picks for the Moguls scarf in there, too! Next came...and you won't believe this.....what have you all been hearing me go on and on about for ages?.......could it be....Knit Picks NEEDLES!!!??? She tucked in a pair of dp's and a pair of size 5 Options tips and cable!!! Just in case you can't tell....Guinifer made my day!!! If I sound like a giddy teenager...it's because she made me feel like one.....a precious commodity at my age..LOL!

On swap-bot we are given the chance to "rate" our partners based on whether they met the terms of the swap, if you got something but it didn't meet the terms of the swap, or if you don't get anything at all...then people have "scores" or ratings based on what people give them. Recently they gave us the opportunity...if someone goes above and beyond on a swap...to give them a little heart. I would give Guinifer 5 hearts if they would let me! Thanks so much, Guinifer!

Not much else going on except working on that business plan.....making my wee brain hurt!! I'm not used to doing stuff like that since I retired....knitting is so much more fun..lol! Guess it's good to keep those ole brain cells exercised though...that is what I keep telling myself anyway! Making some pretty good progress on it. Trying to get as much of the "verbage" done as I can then go back and do the statistics, finance stuff and graph charts.....saving those for last...wonder why?

5 Comments:

  • At 2:35 PM, Blogger Guinifer said…

    Well, now I can finally post here under my name! I'm so glad you liked everything. I hadn't used that particular KP yarn before and I was really pleased when it got here. I hope it makes a really snuggly scarf.

     
  • At 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm so glad you get to try the Knit Picks needles. It sounds like your swap partner did a perfect job.

     
  • At 6:59 PM, Blogger Emma said…

    Awesome package. I'm totally jealous!

     
  • At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wow, that is nice. If you haven't used the Sockotta before, the colors tend to fade when washed a little and it isn't the softest sock yarn in the world, but a good wool wash (woolite isn't good wool wash) will help keep them soft.

     
  • At 12:49 AM, Blogger TutleyMutley said…

    Wow that's one special parcel!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home