mimiwontonknits

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day!



Hope everyone has a love-filled day with family, friends and loved-ones! DH and I went to Savy's Campfire Kid's Valentine Party last night! It was the first visit we have made to her "troop" and we had such a good time! The kids had been working the past couple of weeks on the decorations and invitations to the party so they could invite family and friends. They were so cute!

I have to say that, even if she is mine....I am so proud of my daughter! She is the campfire leader for the troop and she just does an awesome job!! She has a couple of munchkins in the group that are a little unruly...and that is putting it mildly! She does a great job of dealing with them and getting them involved with the projects that they are supposed to be doing! You know, it always amazes me to see how many parents these days just have absolutely NO control over their kids....even LITTLE kids! Amanda is so diplomatic and manages to keep a handle on things without offending the....in my opinion.....negligent parents who just let their kids run wild. I don't think I could do it. I always made my kids mind. Not just us, but any adult authority figure and I just don't understand parents who let their kids rule the roost!

I love Valentine's Day. I know many people look at this holiday as being reserved for "sweet-hearts" or lovers and get sad if they are "single". Even when I was single/divorced, it never bothered me because I view all the special people in my life as "sweet-hearts!" I did manage to get almost all my "valentines" some little token of affection. Gave Clayton his when he was over last week, mailed Kinley, Kayden's and the grown kids theirs and gave Amanda, David, Savy & Dax theirs last night.....just one more thing to get for my DH. I have alread gotten him a card and a book about salt-water fish....now I'm just waiting until the aquarium store opens to go and get him a new addition for the tank. I don't know yet what I'm going to get. I need to tell the person at the store what we do have and see what they recommend. I don't want to get "somebody" who is apt to EAT somebody else...lol!

So far the aquarium has been a big hit with pretty much everyone. ALL the grandkids who have been here love it and stand mesmerized in front of it. Someone else around here is pretty obsessed with it too....as you can see...lol!

3 Comments:

  • At 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm with you on the parents of unruly kids. It seems most often the parent doesn't want to be bothered to teach their child how to behave properly in public. Maybe if the parent could look into the magic telescope and see how their child will be affected by that the rest of their life...they might take more of an interest.

     
  • At 7:35 AM, Blogger savyjade said…

    You are so sweet! Everything I am...I learned from you! You are such an amazing mom!

     
  • At 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Swap Pal!
    I mailed your box today, Priority Mail - so you'll either get it on Saturday or Tuesday! I've often thought of getting a fish tank, but I'm afraid I'd definitely buy somebody that ate somebody else!!! (Make sure whoever cleans the tank wears rubber gloves! A very dear friend of ours got a horrible fishy infection through a cut in his hand - He's now had three surgeries and is looking at years of recuperation!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home