mimiwontonknits

Monday, February 19, 2007

February 19, 2007


Well...it is official....I was elected President of the Knitting Guild yesterday! It is a big job and I have some big shoes to fill since the outgoing President is the Founder of the organization!! I'm so thankful that she is such a good friend and I can ask for her opinions! It's pretty overwhelming, but I believe we have a fantastic group of officers to work with and a great foundation to build from. These women all have terrific and diversified talents to share with the group so I think it is going to be a good year!

I am really honored that I have been given the opportunity to help grow this organization and will do the best job I can.

We had one great program yesterday, too! I have always wanted to learn to do the "Magic Loop" and just haven't found/taken the time to learn it by myself. Anita showed us the ropes and she is one good teacher! I think I could actually do a pair of socks using that method now!! That is one of my goals this year....to know the 3 main ways to do socks...Magic Loop, dpns and 2 circs. Then I can decide which method I feel the most comfortable with and hopefully do a LOT of socks this year!

Besides setting knitting goals for myself, I haven't gotten much done on the knitting front this past couple of weeks...lol! Am still trying to finish the guantlets for my friend in Texas, need to "make-up" my missed class on the Kathleen felted bag and finish it then get cranking on Daxton's sweater. Will I EVER get to do socks again? I know, I know....all I have to do is cast on a pair....but I'm trying to be disciplined, remember...lol!

DH did go pick up the Live Rock he bought himself for Valentines yesterday. It really did make a difference in the way the tank looks! He got some pretty neat pieces and the "critters" seem to really enjoy exploring their new "digs"!

Aside from knitting news and "fish" news, I have my work cut out for me this week. DH and I are still thinking about buying a local business. Don't know if it will work out or not....will post more about it if it comes to pass.....but in the meantime, I have to get busy and write a business plan. If we DO decide to go for it I doubt we will be able to get a business loan by going into the bank and telling the lender we need money because we are such nice people, LOL! Anyway, I have written numerous business plans for my real estate business....did one every year in fact...but this is a whole other "ball of wax", so to speak!! Got a LOT of research to do and demographics to nail down to put together a really comprehensive plan.

Sigh....guess it's not going to write itself...nor is the laundry going to do itself....nor are the "fur-kids" going to clean the house for me today...so I had better quit playing and get to it!

4 Comments:

  • At 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations Madame President! I know you'll do a great job.

     
  • At 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations & Good Luck on the business (Sock Pal)

     
  • At 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ummm - I meant scarf pal!

     
  • At 7:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great pic of new officers. You might want to tell people what their names are - LOL!

    I am so pleased with the new board. You are all going to do so well and I certainly feel the guild is in good hands!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home