mimiwontonknits

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Quick Post

Quick post and I'm out the door today. It has been so beautiful the past couple of days around here. According to the weather guys today may be the last one for a while so I am going to get out and about and take advantage of it. Get several errands done and fill up the "MimiVan". It's not that close to empty, but I hate pumping gas in the cold and or rain so I always try to get gasoline on a pretty day if I can!

Got to get a couple of things to the post office today. Have my package ready for the Sassy Sock Swap. Sending her some vibrant red Katia sock yarn, a basic sock pattern and the dp's to do them. The swap only specified sock yarn but I always like to tuck in a couple of extras when I send one out. Her comments said she has never done socks before so I wanted to make sure she has everything she needs to get her first pair done!

Also mailing out the arm warmers Amanda and I did for Amy & Emily today! I can't believe I forgot to take a pic of the ones Amanda did for Em!!! I hate it when I do stuff like that....now they are all packaged up and ready to go. I did get DH to take a shot of the ones I finished for Amy. Hope she likes them! They feel really soft and warm on and I really liked knitting with the Debbie Bliss Cashmerino she sent for me to do them with. She got it at the Woolie Ewe in Plano. She was so funny telling me about going in there! It was a fun experience for her and she said it even kind of made her want to learn to knit! Have been trying to "hook" her for ages! She is so talented and has done so many beautiful things in the crafty things she does that I know she would love it if I can ever get her going! She's the one that got me into scrapbooking and over the years she has done some "to die for" counted cross-stitch and needlepoint projects! She is so talented when it comes to decorating, too. You feel like you are walking into a showcase when you enter her home....yet it still feels very warm and inviting at the same time! Everytime I visit her I come home wanting to re-do my house LOL!

I'm out-a here! Gonna go enjoy this glorious sunshine!

2 Comments:

  • At 12:20 PM, Blogger Guinifer said…

    You have some opera gauntlets there!!!

    Hope you enjoy your sunshine. We have sun right now, but it's cold and the snow's a-comin'!

     
  • At 6:51 AM, Blogger savyjade said…

    I noticed you didn't mention that your house always looks like a showroom too. You are the best at decorating. Why do you think I always make you come over and help me with my house!LOL Love you mom.
    Peanut

     

Post a Comment

<< Home