mimiwontonknits

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Good Mail Day!

I love mail! Sometimes more than others, but I do love getting mail. Especially on days like today ;c) !! First I got the new Spring Patternworks Catalog. CUTE stuff! Lots of really cute summer top patterns and great selection of just about everything else, too. Honestly, I don't really order from my "wish books" all that often...only occasionally, but I sure do love spending an afternoon looking through them! If they have stuff that I can get at my LYS I never order....got to support our hometown shops if we want to keep them around you know! But I have been known to order something I can't find around here.

I also got a swap-bot package on a purple yarn swap! Four yummy skeins of yarn! Two Lamb's Pride...a girl can never have enough wool!!! And to top that off two skeins of Cascade Luna!! Yippee! It came from Beth in California. Thanks Beth!!

I also got an email from my SP10 pal! She said my package should be here tomorrow...another good mail day!! I am so excited about this SP10! My spoilee got her first box and loved everything! She posted all her goodies on her blog and sounded so excited about all of it. I'm not going to say any more because I don't want her to figure out who I am yet, but I was thrilled that she liked everything so much.

Been working on the summer tee and making some headway. I'm glad it's going pretty fast cuz I usually get bored doing straight stockinette. I am pretty motivated to keep cranking on it though because I think it is going to be one I enjoy wearing.

I also finally made a decision about which socks to start! I'm doing the sock kit for Savy! It's my first "intarsia" type sock done from a chart. It's fun to do, but I figured out it is best not to work on it when you are "really" interested in a tv program...lol. I tinked on it several times last

night before I put it down and picked up the trusty stockinette!

Well....got to scoot and change into "dress-up" duds...got another bank appt today. Last one tomorrow thank goodness!

2 Comments:

  • At 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Those intarsia socks look darling. I love the look of intarsia but I DO NOT WANT TO DO IT! lol

     
  • At 2:50 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said…

    Love the summer tee and the socks! The purple yarn is SO YUMMY! I love good mail, too. : )

    I read the Patternworks catalog until 4 AM this morning....they're great when you can't sleep.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home