mimiwontonknits

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Traits in Common?

OK....I don't usually think I have commonalities with my pets...not really....but in this case maybe so! A few weeks back I told the story of my "houdini" kitty Akira. He got out and was "lost" under our deck for a while. When we found him he was one dirty matted little boy. I thought maybe I could get him back in shape and set to the task of trying to cut the mats out myself....he was fairly tolerant of the "beauty routine". He is really good when it comes to things like that. Even baths. When I first got him 10 years ago we discovered he had ringworm!! Pretty much everyone that knew me ended up with them too. It took literally months to get rid of them...bathing him in medicated shampoo up to 4 times a week and having him shaved several times, so he got used to being "handled" and is easier than most dogs to give a bath to. Anyway, I decided that he would probably feel better if we stopped the scissor treatments every night and just started over so I took him to the groomer and had him buzzed!

And speaking of being buzzed...that's where the commonality comes in! Don't you just hate it when you do something.....and you KNOW better? Past experiences abound that SHOULD dictate your actions....but you just do something anyway! Well.....I have been carrying around the picture of the cutest haircut for months.....and kept thinking I would call "my" stylist and do something a little different. Well....long story short....I did take the picture with me....and I did get my hair cut......did I go to "my" guy? Nooooo.....at least not the first time.....let it suffice to say that on the way home from the first cut I called "my" guy and went straight from the first salon to his salon! When I showed him the picture of what my hair was supposed to look like his response was..."Honey...you don't have enough hair left to do that haircut!" LOL..... He shaped up what was left but didn't fuss at me too much. You know about 5 or 6 years ago I would have been hysterical over this...but in the scheme of things....it will grow back out....and in the meantime I have easy-care-hair...lol! And NO I'm not posting a picture of me in my new "do!" There used to be a time when I considered myself to be rather photogenic and didn't really mind having my pic taken, but in the past few years I have noticed that everyone's cameras tend to malfunction when I'm in the shot. For some wierd reason they all get these distorted little line thingies that appear on my face and neck...strange, huh? I will tell you I don't have fur booties like Akira does, though!

Nothing to show on the knitting front today. Got about 10 inches done on the tee and still trying to decide which socks to cast on next.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    But you are coming to Knit-in? Right? It probably doesn't look as bad as you think and you are right, it will grow back.

     
  • At 11:49 AM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said…

    Oh, the kitty does look comfortable, although I'm not sure this trend will catch on. : )

    I've also had many times when I was thankful that hair grows!

     
  • At 5:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I bet your hair is fine. And like you said - it grows.

    The cat - I admit it. I laughed.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home