mimiwontonknits

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Sunday, March 25, 2007


Yea!! Savy is back home! They are all coming over later this afternoon and I can't wait to see her and Dax....and their parents, of course :-). Will be pretty much the normal week-end routine...go pick up Dad, eat a big Sunday dinner and hang out with everyone. Love it!

I did finish the Monkey socks. I do like the J. Knits and the way it feels on the foot, but so far the Opal is still my favorite. The plan is to collect as many "new" (or new to me anyway) sock yarns and work through them this year to decide which one is truly the fav. Of course, they will probably just keep inventing so many new ones to try that I will never know for sure..lol!

So far I have made socks from Opal, Stahl Katia, Magic Stripes, Online Supersocke, Trekking XXL and the J. Knits. So far I have about 15 (give or take :-)) "new" kinds of sock yarn in the stash to work through. Still looking to get some Schaefer Anne and some Claudia Paints to try out as I go through it. There are also tons of them on Etsy made by individuals that look awesome, but I think I missed the boat on getting any Sweet Georgia. From the sockknitters list posts, it is now a very rare commodity! Now all I have to do is decide on what to try next! Hmmm....I'm thinking maybe the Cherry Tree Hill or the Tofutsies and see how they stack up! Or I could do the Bonkers that Amanda brought back from Fredricksburg. Ahhh...I need more than one set of hands...LOL!

In the meantime I decided to start a summer tee! It is one pulled from the stash that I bought several years ago during a visit to Plano. Of course I always go and check out Woolie Ewe when I'm there, but I used to always go by another little store called the Needle Nook too. The last time I was in Tx. I discoverd that it isn't there anymore. :-( It was more of a cross-stitch, needlepoint kind of shop, but she always had a little room in the back that was stacked up knee deep with sales on yarn! I loved the way she did her sales there. She would bag up skeins that included a pattern and the right number of skeins to do the project. Most of the time she had a couple of pattern options in the bag, so no thinking required about "what will I do with this if I buy it"? Anyway I picked up a bag of 10 skeins of Reynolds Tiara...a silk/viscose blend along with a pattern book that had several options for the yarn. It should have retailed for around $65 and I snagged it for $30! The one I'm doing has a tiny bit of lace work on the bottom edge then is an "idiot knit" from there up. I always like to have at least one thing otn that I can work on without thinking a lot.

So...I guess I'll have the tee and soon....another pair of socks going.

Got my first SP10 box out the door and on the way to my spoilee. This is just entirely too much fun! I can't wait for her to get it!!! I hope she likes everything! It was a blast gathering up stuff and trying to pick things she might like! Also got a swap-bot box out the door this week-end. Am signed up for one more of those that will go out in late April, but am not doing any more of those until SP10 is done....want to make sure I can "really" spoil my pal in that one!

4 Comments:

  • At 10:02 AM, Blogger savyjade said…

    I can't wait to check out the sweater this afternoon. Your hair too! I love ya & will see you soon.
    Peanut

     
  • At 10:18 AM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said…

    The socks are great and I love the tee that you've started.

    Glad all your grandbabies are back! : )

     
  • At 11:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So glad to hear Savvy is home. The socks look great and the tee is going to be really cute. The color will look great on you.

     
  • At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love the color of that tee also. Sweet Georgia is a hot commodity?? OMG, I have a skein of turquoise in my stash! When I got it I thought wow that is bright! Would I wear socks knitted out of it? lol Oh well....I'm working on a sock out of Anne by Shaefer. I'm using size 1 needles and while I love the fine fabric it's making...I think I may be knitting on these for years! lol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home