mimiwontonknits

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Day 7


It's day number 7 that Miss Savy has been gone! I am used to having her over night at least once a week and seeing her a couple more times during any given week, so I'm having major withdrawals from that little girl! I suppose it might not be so bad if I could talk to her on the phone, but she is with my "ex" and his wife....and he is insanely jealous of the relationship I have with Savy & Dax, so that's not likely to happen! They are supposed to bring her home either Saturday sometime or Sunday morning....guess where I will be Sunday afternoon? LOL!

At least Mr. Daxton is still here!! He and his Mommie are coming over today and we are going to do some "secret pal" shopping and pop in on my buddy, Susan for a bit. She has never seen him "in person", so I'm sure he will put on quite a show for her!

Wanted to get some shots up of the sock yarn Amanda picked up for me while she was in Fredricksburg. I have never heard of the yarn that came in the sock kit....really cute! It is hand-spun & dyed by an artist from around that area. It feels really good and I like her colorways! Mine is shades of purple and black and Amanda got herself one in yellows and oranges. It is called "Bonkers". It comes with a toe-up pattern and I haven't done that yet so I get to learn something new with it! Also got some Steinbach Wolle Strapaz Cotton...should be good for summer sockies!! I saw a pattern out there somewhere...will obviously have to find it again...for some socks called "embossed leaves"...think that will be pretty in this soft green!

I am past the gusset decreases on the second Monkey sock from the J.Knits I picked up at GY! Yea! Another pair of socks for me....and the chance to start something new! I really thought I might do the scarf kit I got in a recent swap, but it's way too warm to wear it until next year, sooo...hmmm...now I'm thinking maybe two new projects....another pair of socks AND a summer sweater.

Spent Tuesday down at Amanda's and got some of the cutest pics of Daxton!! He is now mobile...not really crawling per-say...more like an "army man" crawl. He gets up on his knees then ends up pulling himself with his little arms....but believe me....he CAN get where he wants to go...lol! And he is into everything! And wants everything he sees...all at once! And he LOVES standing up...is trying real hard to pull up and cruise around the furniture already! Heck, he may just skip the crawling thing all together and take off walking! I'm sure that would just thrill his Mommie...lol!

It's funny...I can remember being the same way when I was a young Mom. With the first baby you just can't wait until they start doing this and that....but with the next ones, you just aren't in any hurry for those little milestones and want them to stay little for just a bit longer! I see it in my beautiful daughter too...

Now for a little rant.....I am having a dickens of a time with my newspaper subscription!! I know if you break it down into a "per paper" cost, it is not a lot of money....but it's the principle of the thing.....I paid for those darn papers and I want them....and on time! This is the 5th time this month I have gone out and...no paper! It totally messes up my morning "routine"! I have called and called and they just send someone out with that day's paper....sometime late in the day....and assume that because I finally got one that everything is ok...NOT! I'm almost to the point of cancelling the darn thing all-together and running down to the corner store and picking one up! I know....in the scheme of things, a pretty small gripe....but it is frustrating! I have no paper again this morning so guess I'll get off and go make yet another phone call!

3 Comments:

  • At 11:45 AM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said…

    What totally precious pictures of the grandbabies! : )

    Your Monkey socks look wonderful and I love your new sock yarn.

    I do hope the newpaper issues get resolved soon.

    Have a wonderful day!

     
  • At 5:51 PM, Blogger Terri said…

    Jump to the front of the line and speak with the manager in charge of circulation. Go get em tiger.

     
  • At 6:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The Bonkers is great. It is hand dyed by a lady in KS. She also dyes spinning fiber. It is really yummy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home