mimiwontonknits

Monday, April 09, 2007

Family Blessings







Count your blessings, name them one-by-one. Count your blessings, see what God has done.....I love that song.....so meaningful and so very true!! We celebrated Easter with part of our precious family yesterday. What a beautiful thing! I wish more of the family could have been here too but they were here in our hearts! My sweet girl, Mel, called me early to say Happy Easter and Amanda called her Dad's parents to tell them the same. The only thing that would have made the day better is if they could have been here! Mel & her hubby, for obvious reasons, but yes....my ex-inlaws too. I simply adore them and have missed them terribly since their son & I divorced. They will always have a special place in my heart and I so wish I could see them more but they live too far away to make it there very often.

The kids had a great time hunting for the Easter goodies, we all ate way too much and just enjoyed watching the kids play.

Amanda and I decided on the squares we are going to put in the family throw and divided up the patterns, but not a lot of knitting took place for obvious reasons :-)!

While we were in the kitchen getting dinner ready Daxton busied himself in my tupperware cabinet! It is so funny to me....the things kids do! It reminds me of Melissa's first Christmas. She was my first baby and the first grandbaby in the family for many years. She had so many toys that first Christmas that it was insane! No way one baby could play with that much stuff. We parents/grandparents do that sort of thing, don't we? LOL! Anyway, the "toy" she dragged around and played with the entire day after Christmas was..........a bag of uncooked macaroni!!! All that money spent on toys and the simplest thing caught her attention.....like Dax and the tupperware. He had way more fun with that than any of the Easter treats!

Stoneleigh even got into the Easter festivities....he was obsessed with the plastic eggs! He would push them around all over the floor and chase them. We finally had to take them all away and put them where he couldn't get to them because he was wayyy to crazy and drove us nuts!

Well...I have never tried to just post a bunch of pics without much verbage....I talk too much...lol...but I'm going to try to close this post with just some more pics from the day! Hope everyone enjoyed their Easter and had a wonderful day!

A few more.....

3 Comments:

  • At 7:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That picture of Dax in the Tupperware drawer made me smile. My son, when he was a tiny bit older than Dax, found his great aunt's pot and pan drawer. He had tons of toys to play with and eager girl cousins who were in that "love babies" stage but all he wanted was an empty coffee can and one sauce pan. Kids are so funny.

     
  • At 8:41 AM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said…

    Carolyn, I love your pictures. I can certainly tell that you had a wonderful Easter holiday!

     
  • At 6:44 AM, Blogger savyjade said…

    I had so much fun on Easter. I am so happy that we are so close! The pics of the kids are so cute. Thank you for everything. Love you
    Peanut

     

Post a Comment

<< Home