mimiwontonknits

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Coloring Eggs


We had Savy last night and it was so much fun!! We did all our normal stuff...coloring, painting envelopes for sweeps, playing with babies, etc. We also colored some Easter Eggs!! Of course, it looks like a tornado went through here...lol...one did...a 5 year old, two legged one!

Tomorrow they are all going to come back over for Easter Dinner! We'll go down and get Dad too. It's always a good time. Since they are coming over here the Easter Bunny will be leaving things in our yard. Of course, he'll be leaving a letter in their "mailbox" again this year. When Savy was two DH, I and her Mommie..... (mostly DH) built a playhouse in our backyard for her and other grandbabies to come. I found a cute little mailbox that sits on the front porch and every year Santa and the Easter Bunny send mail there! This year there will be two letters in there...one for Savy & one for Dax!

Went to the Knit-In at Gourmet Yarn tonight. Had a great time as usual!! MG is having a contest to re-name the Knit-In. We have a lot of crocheters that come too so the name doesn't really fit. She had a few suggestions but none that really fit the bill so the contest continues! Will have to get to thinking on that!

I ended up casting on a pair of basic socks in Opal to work on at the Knit-In. I finished the back of the tee and didn't want to mess with doing the lace work border while visiting....pretty good chance I would have had to frog it when I got home anyway....lol....I don't do well with talking and thinking at the same time :-)!! I also hit a snag with the intarsia socks for Savy and didn't want to work on those tonight either....sooo I now have 3 things otn. Have been trying to limit myself to 2-3 and MAKE myself finish stuff...so far, so good.

Amanda did come up with an idea tonight while at the Knit-In....we decided that we are going to start a "family" aran throw. She and I are going to both do squares on it then when we get it done we will have a family heirloom! I love stuff like that. I have a quilt that I pieced several years ago that I left up on the frame for months. Over time I, both my daughters and my Mom all did some quilting on it. That quilt means so much to me because each of our hands shared in the creation of it!! Now that Mom is gone everytime I look at it I think of her sitting at my quilting frame putting a few stitches in it. We picked up some Plymouth Encore to get the throw started while at the shop tonight. I am just so blessed to have a daughter that enjoys the same things I do and values the same things I do. She is my best friend as well as my daughter and I'm so proud of the woman she has become!

She also bought me some Claudia Hand Paint sock yarn!! Turns out she got me as a swap partner on another swap we are both in. That is just so funny! I've only done about 6 or 7 of those. They are usually international swaps with anywhere from 20+ people in the swap. Out of those we have done I got her once and she got me on this one! Strange, huh? Anyway, I got to pick my swap stuff this time....well....sort of...she pretended she was buying it for herself and asked my opinion about what kind I would get if I were her.....sneaky little thing isn't she? Anyway, after she went and bought it she came back in and tossed it in front of me and said it was MINE...stinker....in the best possible way, of course!

Other than that still working on SBA packet and hoping to have what we need from the current owner and have my part done by next week...then will be done...one way or the other! I promise I'll fill everyone in on it once we know if we are getting it or not. Still not really thinking it will happen, but it's in God's hands and what will be-will be!

Also putting together my next SP10 box. This is just sooo much fun! I know we are only required to send a certain amount, but I just keep running into things and getting these great ideas about things I want to get for her that I think she will like!! I can't help it...I just love doing surprises for people.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:37 PM, Blogger savyjade said…

    You are my best friend too! I am the one who is lucky. All that I am I owe to you!! I had fun tonight and can't wait too see you tomorrow for Easter dinner. Love
    Peanut

     
  • At 9:51 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said…

    What FUN! Grandbabies, Easter egg coloring, family afghan, SWAPS and great mother-daughter relationships!

    I LOVE it ALL!!!

    May you and your entire family have a very blessed Easter.

     
  • At 4:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Easter!!!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home