mimiwontonknits

Thursday, April 26, 2007

New Use for a Doggie Door!



When we moved back over to this little house we found that one of our prior renters had installed a different back door with a doggie door in it. The door is pretty scratched up and we have plans to replace it one of these days...along with a bunch of other projects yet to be finished!! We have pretty much ignored it since we have been here then decided a week or so ago that since it's there we might as well show Cricket and Stoneleigh how to use it. Maybe then we can avoid at least a little of the "Let the dogs in-Let the dogs out" syndrome!! They are so funny! The first couple of days they would still go to the back door and "tell" us they wanted out so we would have to go over and show them again how to do it...but when they wanted to come back in they would hop right through!



I had Savy & Dax for a while yesterday while Amanda went to an appreciation luncheon Savy's school gave for the mommies that help out a lot. It didn't take them long to notice the newly un-covered doggie door...lol! It was definately a source of amusement! That thing entertained them for quite some time! Now I just have to worry about finding Daxton outside if I turn my back for a minute..lol!


He is definately one busy little man! The last time they were over here he stayed pretty much in the den exploring and pulling all of the videos and dvds off of the bookshelf. This time he was EVERYWHERE!!! It's amazing how fast those little boogers can move! We have a step down into our den area that has always been a bit of a challenge for other babies who have been over here...but not this little guy! He had it figured out in about two seconds!! It is so neat to watch a little one exploring their world at this age! The sheer wonder of just about everything they see on their little faces is priceless!


Something I didn't notice yesterday when I was taking the pictures that jumped out at me when I uploaded them is that little tongue sticking out of Daxton's mouth in every single picture!! Now that is concentration....lol! What is so funny is that his Daddy does that when he is concentrating on something too! Like father - like son!


Not a whole lot to show on the knitting front. I so envy knitters who just knock out one project after another!! I wish I could speed up my knitting process. I have been working on something every day, but just haven't gotten anything finished lately! I am almost done with the summer tee....just the shoulders on the front and one sleeve to go....and have about 4 inches done on the basic sock. It just seems to be taking me forever.


I did get into my stash and re-organize it a litte yesterday. There was some stuff in there that....if I'm to be honest, I will probably never do anything with. Even knowing that.... it was hard to religate it to a box for the next Guild swap meet!!! Why is it so hard to part with yarn that you know you probably aren't going to knit? It's a strange phenomonen, isn't it? Other things I decide I'm not going to use aren't so hard to let go of....so why yarn? Anyway, I am a bit more organized...and I did pull some stuff out and put it in a box. The really weird thing is I ended up having one more shelf full of yarn than what I started out with...lol! DH had a shelf of stuff he says he never uses and offered me some of "his space" for my stash....not THAT is a good hubby wouldn't you say!? Now I can dig through some of the bags I have tucked away and get it up on a shelf too....or maybe not....then he'll know how much stash I REALLY have...lol!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:35 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said…

    OH, precious pictures!!! : )

    I have some baby hats knitted for guild. I'm usually not able to make the meetings, but want to be supportive. If I can't find someone traveling to a guild meeting, may I mail the baby hats to you?

    Have a great upcoming weekend!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home