mimiwontonknits

Monday, May 07, 2007

Quiet Weekend


Had a really quiet week-end around here! No grandkids around, no going to the GY Knit In...just quiet. We had Ron's son, his wife and our grandson Clayton over for dinner Thursday and had fun watching Clayton in the sand box. He had a blast and wasn't ready to leave when they got ready to go. Later in the evening I started feeling bad and things just went down hill from there!! By Friday I had totally lost my voice....I'm sure DH didn't mind that one much...lol....was running a temp and felt just awful. I ended up sleeping on and off all day Friday and didn't even feel like knitting! Now that is sick for me!


Anyway, I did feel like knitting on Saturday and Sunday, but not much else. Every time I would get up and try to do anything I would feel like a mac truck hit me....so I gave in to it and just stayed either in bed or in my chair.




We really love having things over here that the grandkids enjoy! It is just so great seeing them have a good time when they are here! We don't get to see Clayton as much as we would like but sure enjoy him when he is here. They live in Yukon and are expecting another little boy in June. That will make 6 grand kids for us....and to think about 6 years ago we were complaining because we didn't have any....lol! We have 2 little girls from Ron's daughter Valerie....Kinley and Kayden. They live in Chicago and usually come to Oklahoma a couple of times a year. Then of course, there is Clayton and the new one with Ron's son Brandon. And our little Savy and Daxton from my daughter Amanda. We have two other married children who haven't started families yet so if and when they get started heaven only knows how many grandbabys we will end up with! Ron's son Patrick and his wife are trying and my daughter Melissa says they are going to have them...just not yet....so time will tell! Anyway, we have the sandbox and when Savy was about a year old we built the playhouse for her and future grand kids.




I did manage to finish the baby gift for the shower on Sunday....but ended up not being able to go! I did decide that I love, love this little sock pattern!! I have tried several different baby sock patterns and they would come out shaped funky...but this one is so cute...and, of course really fast to do! I did them from some Magic Stripes I had in the stash.I also finished one of the basic socks out of the Austermann. Also managed to get one block for the family heirloom throw done.


I haven't really decided on the next project...will probably just finish the second sock and get the summer tee all sewn up then worry about it.
Feeling much better today but still getting tired quickly, so am closing for now!
I do have to make a post on another SP10 challenge but will do that later!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:05 PM, Blogger anna said…

    Caroline....hope you feel better soon. I know it is hard to be "down"...but just take care of yourself.....I am learning this the hard way too...LOL....had Knee surgery last Tuesday and I am recovering MUCH TOO SLOWLY for me......so I know how you feel. Take care!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home