mimiwontonknits

Friday, June 01, 2007

Too Cute!






















We went to the dress rehearsal for Savy's dance recital last night. I just love watching all those precious kids all dressed up and performing...they are toooo cute! The coordinators of the recital won't allow any pictures or videos during the actual recital so we had to get the pics last night. We all enjoyed watching them so much....even Dax!! He was so funny!! He was leaning forward holding on to the chair in front of him just transfixed watching all the pretty little girls dancing...lol. Every once in a while he would pump his little arms and bob his head to the music and would "holler" at the girls while they were performing.

Every year I just love seeing Savy all dressed up in her costumes. It always kind of freaks me out though because putting the make-up on her makes her look wayyy too grown up to suit her Mimi!!!
We are going to the actual performance in the morning then bringing her home for an over night. Am pretty sure we are going to hop up Sunday morning and do a day-trip with her and go the the Aquarium in Jenks!!
We told her about it a while back and every time we see her she wants to know if we can go see the big shark! It should be fun seeing her reaction to everything. Probably won't "do" any yarn shops this trip. I doubt it would hold much facination for her or DH...lol!
Well, I have figured something out on my "quest" to learn all the different sock making methods!! I learned cuff-down on dpns and am now doing a worsted weight sock on ML.....I have to say, at this point, I'm much preferring my dpns!! I'm not sure if it's from the "pushing and pulling" of the stitches.....or because I'm doing the heavier yarn and bigger needles.....but...every night that I have knitted on these ML socks for more than 30 minutes or so.....my hands and wrists start hurting!!!! I guess if I run across a really "just have to do it" sock pattern that is written for ML and I'm too lazy to convert the pattern....or maybe I'll adjust and start to like it more. But I doubt it...I don't really like having to move the stitches around all the time very much either. Want to do "toe-ups" and 2 circs next so I can say I have "done them all"...lol. Am almost to toe decreases on the ML. Will post a pic when I'm done because I'm not really sure at this point if I will do the other one.......does that make me a candidate for "second sock syndrome"?












1 Comments:

  • At 5:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hope it's the bigger yarn and needles because I'm a magic loop fan. I hate struggling with dpn's and cringe at the thought. I've never noticed ML causing my hands to ache. But I haven't used the bigger yarn as of yet. Darling pics of the kids.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home