mimiwontonknits

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Whew!
















Made it through last week!! It ended up being crazy and insane just like I thought it would! Amanda got back home Friday night and my father-in-law is doing much better! He was released from the hospital on Thursday and is on the mend....such good news! Had a day of semi-rest on Saturday then had family stuff going on the rest of the holiday week-end. It was fun! But yes....I'm one tired girl....and have work the next three days, so I guess I'll get rested up later...lol!



I have finally gotten a few small knitting projects done...since I've been in a weird place with my knitting I figured a couple of little projects might get me going again. It has seemed to help!! These knitted up so fast it's gotten me more motivated again. I did go ahead and finally finished the Austermann Step basic socks. I still can't figure out why it took so long...I usually knock out socks pretty fast....especially plain ones!

The next little thing I did was a potporri bag. It is out of Sunapee cotton from Patternworks. Not sure yet what I'm going to do with it :-) Maybe toss it into the last/reveal package for my SP?

One of my knitting "goals" recently has been to learn all of the different methods of knitting socks. I figure there are at least three good reasons for learning them all.....one....just to be able to learn them and know how to do them....two...to determine which method I enjoy doing the most....and third....I won't have to mess with adapting patterns if I find a sock I just HAVE to do and it's written for a specific method.


Anyway...that is what precipitated the next little project. It is a very short pair of wrist warmers from the Magic Loop book. I'm now working on a pair of worsted weight socks from that book to "hone my new skill"...lol. The next pattern in that book is toe-up baby socks which I will do next....with 6 grandkids somebody should be able to use them, wouldn't you think?

Then the last thing I finished up in the past week
is a little cell phone holder from just stash yarns. I got a new phone this week because the battery on my old one would not hold a charge anymore...one short conversation and it was down for the count. I went into the phone store to get a new battery and the crazy things were more expensive than upgrading to a new phone!! Of course, I think there is a method to their madness on that count.....when you get your "new" phone...you have to sign another 2 year agreement.....so you spend a fortune on a tiny battery.....or get tied to your carrier for yet another two years! Fortunately, I'm satisfied with my carrier so the new contract wasn't really a problem for me. Anyway, it has bugged me forever to have to dig through my purse for my phone when I need it and I hate those stupid belt clip things....so I did a little holder to hang on my purse handle. It was a really fast knit....cast on and finished it last night!


On the work front....am hangin in there. Got a lot done towards getting that office organized on Thursday because I was in there by myself all day. Am going to give this thing a real effort but honestly, I don't know......I was in there alone today again...sort of.....my employer called me 4 times in the 4 hours I was there....and was, once again, all over the place about what she wanted me doing. The conversation threads with her change constantly...sometimes in mid-sentence. It is impossible to keep up with where she is going for more than five minutes.....and I was on the phone with her for an hour of the 4 short hours I was there! Time will tell.




Had everyone here for Memorial Day yesterday. You know....I love to cook....and have an insane cookbook collection that I actually use most of the time. I enjoy doing new recipes and don't mind the time-consuming and difficult ones at all....but there sure is something to be said for just plain old hot-dogs and bratwurst off the grill, potato salad and baked beans!! It all tasted sooo good! We really enjoyed ourselves and fortunately had a nice day to be outside. The little ones really enjoyed that. Savy is such a good big sister and it is so obvious that Dax just adores her! It is so funny to watch him watch her....every move she makes...then he will "holler" at her trying to get her attention! They were both so good and such fun to play with and watch. With all the fun and festivities, our little man just had such a big day and didn't stay down very long for his afternoon nap...probably afraid he was going to miss something...lol! I just have to end the post with a pic of him at the end of the day....he was one tired little guy!
Ok....now that I have "re-arranged" all the pictures and all the verbage so it's neat and pleasing to the eye....I'll post this and probably find that horrible long stretch of words down one side with no pictures beside it....I HATE it when blogger does that...Does anybody out there know how to make it look like it looks BEFORE you publish it...lol!
And lastly....I love "thoughts for the day"...here is one: "In quietness and in trust shall be your strength." Isaiah 30:15

1 Comments:

  • At 8:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good to see you post. I thought maybe you'd left town! lol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home