mimiwontonknits

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Birthday Boys!

Weekends this month have turned out to be jam packed!! There has been....or will be something going on every single week end in June. Should have a few quiet ones in July though.

The first Saturday of the month we had Savy's dance recital. She has been taking dance since she was 2. She says she doesn't want to take it next year, but I'm hoping she changes her mind....they are just so cute up there and the older girls who have been doing it a long time are just amazing. Time will tell when registration starts in the fall.


The second weekend was busy starting with the WWKIP day at the downtown library....such fun and a terrific turn-out! It was so exciting to see some new faces from our knitting community. After the knit in we had a birthday party to attend!! Our grandson, Clayton turned two years old on Saturday!! It was such fun to watch him do his packages and cake! I did have to miss knit-in at GY, though....that part wasn't cool. I was sick, sick last month so I have missed two in a row :-(
The next day I went with Amanda to a Tastefully Simple home party. I had never been to one of those and it was fun....got to taste all kinds of yummy food! Of course, I blew the budget because it all tasted so good I had to have some of it......but food should be like sock yarn don't you think.....it doesn't count...LOL!
The busyness continues this coming week end!! I belong to a sweepstaking group and I and Amanda are the hostesses this month so we have to go! I have been sweepstaking since June of 2004. It started out great and I did win quite a few really nice prizes......a Weber grill, toys, food, gift cards, make up, A CRUISE FOR FOUR!, candles, tooth care package....and more! My luck has not been so good this year....haven't won anything since July of last year!!! I'm sort of starting to loose interest a little. We have a couple of members who stirred up some "stuff" at the Christmas party by being tacky and several of the most fun members haven't been back to the meetings since....of course the "problem children" with the attitude problems are still coming....and complaining.....soooo the meetings aren't as much fun as they used to be either .....and I'm not winning anything lately, so I'm thinking I might take a break from it. One good thing is the meeting is in Norman....so we will definately be going by and checking out the new LYS while down there :-)! But..... Then Sunday we have Guild.....always fun and I can't wait to go! Great program this month by our esteemed VP on entrelac too!
The next weekend is little Mr. Daxton's first birthday!!! I can't believe that little stinker is a year old already....well...will be on Friday! We are having his party Saturday afternoon. Time sure does go by fast these days. He is really starting to be "Mr. Personality", too! VERY opinionated already...lol! His Mommie already has her hands full! He's not talking yet and already "argues" with her!
After his party DH and I are taking our "maiden voyage" in our new (or new to us) RV!!! We want to have a couple of days/nights under our belts in it to figure out how everything works, how the fur-kids do in it, etc. before we take the family out in it!! THEN the next weekend we are taking David, Amanda and the kids in it and heading to Turner Falls to meet my daughter Melissa and her husband Brian. David's Dad has a cabin up there so it will be a weekend full of family and fun!
Not a whole lot of knitting to show....since I was working the last month...and yes...I did quit....I couldn't handle my boss's flakiness.....and the weekends have been so hectic....all I have done is get down to turning the heel on the Tidal Wave sock. Now it is my "charity knitting" week so I have a teddy bear sweater otn and am hoping to get a couple of baby hats done too.
Another thought for the day:
We cannot tell the precise moment when a friendship starts...It is like filling a vessel drop-by-drop which makes it at last run over, so a series of kindnesses....make the heart run over!
James Boswell

2 Comments:

  • At 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are one busy woman! I get tired just reading about all your activities! Have fun in your new RV.

     
  • At 7:55 AM, Blogger savyjade said…

    Thank you so much for helping me out today so I can go take my test! I know I wear you out!! What would I do without my mommy? You are everything to me!
    Peanut

     

Post a Comment

<< Home