mimiwontonknits

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Tags, Jobs & a Mystery!

I have been formally "tagged"! I've done a few Meme's in the past when I saw them on someone else's blog, but this is the first time I've actually been tagged on one! This one is the Birthday Meme and I was tagged by my SP 10 spoilee Laura. The object is to go to Wikipedia, plug in your birthday and list 3 events, 2 births and one holiday that happened on your special day.


Here's mine: October 17th

Events:

1860 - Origination of "The Open Championship"...better known today as "The British Open"

1888 - Thomas Edison filed for the first patent for the Optical Phonograph....the first movie


1967 - The musical "Hair" opened at the Anspacher Theatre on Broadway


Births:


1938 - Evel Knievel


1941 - Earl Thomas Conley - Country Singer


Holiday:

International Day for the Eradication of Poverty


Well, I have once again taken another part-time job!!! I'm quite confident that this one will be much better than the last one! It is only a "fill-in" position....vacation relief, etc. I worked the first time last Thursday.....and I LOVED it! Left disappointed that I didn't go back in until today!! When I tell you where it is you will understand :-)! Are you ready? Drumroll, please.....I am working at The Gourmet Yarn Company . Now does that sound like a died and gone to Heaven job for me...lol....I think so!


On the knitting front, I am going to attempt....and I used the term loosely at this point, the Mystery Stole 3. I have swatched four different yarns so far. Up until last night I didn't like any of them! The first yarn I tried was Cashwool. I tried two needle sizes and still didn't like either one....sigh.....then I tried some Bamboo I have in the stash on bigger needles....better, but still didn't get me really excited. Last night I used some left-over JKnits and I think that's what I'm going to do it in. Will have to see what colorways there are enough of at work before I know the color I'm doing. There are people posting pictures on the group who have totally finished clue 1 and here I am still agonizing over yarn choice....lol....good thing this one isn't a race, huh?











I had decided, at first, that tackling lace was enough and I wasn't going to do the optional beading.....but now I'm thinking I will....sooooo....after I get my yarn I'll have to go get beads. I's looking like the 2nd clue will be out before I even start...lol!


In the meantime I have been catching up on doing mitered squares from left-over sock yarn! I've only been doing socks for about a year so I didn't have that many to do....I think I still have about 3 to do to be "caught up". I want to do a square...or squares....from every pair of socks I knit then eventually put them all together in a throw....a different sort of "memory blanket", I guess you could say.

Still have the Tofutsie Tidal Wave second sock on the needles too. This is the longest I have ever gone with a second sock otn!! I was always determined to not develop SSS....second sock syndrome....lol.....but I will finish it before I start another pair of socks to be sure....just need to get this mystery project underway first!

Had a great week-end keeping Savy & Dax so Mommie and Daddy could get away for some R & R. They were both so good and such fun! Fortunately, the weather cooperated to a degree and we were able to let Savy ride her bike down to the park a couple of times and we took Dax out in the stroller. They also got to play in the sandbox and kiddie pool a little bit between rainy spells.

Oh....I heard from my spoiler in SP 10 too!! She mailed my package on Saturday. She was a fun partner.....she sent me tons of "clues" about what is coming so I can't wait to see who she is!! One "hint" she gave me was.....the "green thing" that is in the box is something she made. She leads a group that makes these "green things" where she lives....I can't imagine what it might me, can you? I'll be sure and post a pic of the "green thing" and the rest of the goodies when it comes.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:27 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said…

    The mitered squares are so pretty....and I think you'll love doing the mystery stole. It will turn out great, I'm sure.

    Congrats on the new *dream job*!!! : )

     

Post a Comment

<< Home