mimiwontonknits

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

MS3 & Kinda Blue

Been working mostly on the MS3 stole and making some progress. I'm almost done with clue 2!! Amazingly I had a couple of days that I got in a lot of knitting time this week....mostly because I ignored other things that needed to be done....but I justified it because I have been so darn tired lately. Not sure what's up with that...maybe I need to go get some vitamins...lol. Still liking the feel of the fabric that the Cherry Tree Hill is creating with the stole, but wish I had gone with a solid color....and the thing is going to have to be HARD blocked for the pattern to show very well.

I am really enjoying the beading thing. I almost didn't do it and am so glad I did! I think I already know the next beaded thing I'm going to do....have the yarn, just need to get the beads. There are some really cute beaded wrist warmers in the One Skein book that are calling my name!

Well...duh!!! I guess this is going to be a pictureless post! I painstakingly pinned out the stole a bit ago and took some great pics of it to put up here....just went to post them and discovered I had left the memory card in the printer....lol....so the pics don't exist! Oh, well....guess they'll go up on the next post.

I have worked a little on the Tidal Wave socks when things were less than quiet and I couldn't talk and knit at the same time...lol....I have discovered that is one thing I cannot do when working on the stole! Like at the still-un named knit-in at Gourmet Yarn on Saturday. It was sooo nice to be back! I had missed the last two due to illness and other commitments and was having withdrawals...lol. I even turned down a chance to head out in the motorhome this last weekend so I wouldn't miss it again!

It still amazes me how this Mystery Stole thing has exploded! I know those of you who are doing it too probably already know the stats, but for those of you who aren't......it blows my mind that over 6,700 people around the entire world are working on the same project!!! AND that it has drawn national media attention! Got an email from the creator of the whole project/concept yesterday and she was contacted by USA today and interviewed about it....amazing! The clues/instructions have been translated into 7 other languages! The only annoying thing about the project has been the number of emails it generates....oh my goodness!!! I tried setting the email notification to digest instead of individual emails and my in box was still totally flooded! I finally just went to special notices only because I was spending literally hours a day deleting emails!

On the kinda blue comment.....nothing earth shattering....I just am....kinda blue today for some reason. I have no "real" reason to be....I have so much to be thankful for....and I am...thankful for all my blessings!!! The only thing I can really attribute it to is that I think someone that means something in my life right now is mad at me. Maybe not, but I keep getting this nagging feeling about it. Sometimes I wish I had a bit "thicker skin" and didn't worry about things like that..especially when I know I haven't done anything that would justify someone being upset or mad at me......but I do worry about that kind of stuff...hurting or upsetting anyone...I just hate it and try hard not to do it. I guess time will tell whether that is the case. I just hope, if it is, that person will care enough to tell me.....not just leave me clueless!

4 Comments:

  • At 8:38 AM, Blogger savyjade said…

    I can not believe you are almost done with clue 2! You are amazing. You are "the" sweetest most caring person I have ever met. You have not given anyone reason to be upset with you! If they are it is unjustified and it is obviously a mistake on their part. I love you more than life itself! It hurts me when you are blue! Please do not let anyone upset the wonderful heart you have.
    Love Peanut

     
  • At 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I had a friend from years ago who used to say this when I knew someone was mad at me: Kay, they'll get glad in the same shoes they got mad in. She's long gone from this world but she sure left me with a bit of wisdom....sounds rather uncaring but it sure does help carry you through until they come to their senses.

     
  • At 11:58 AM, Blogger Laura said…

    You're making much better progress than I am on MS3 - I haven't even finished Clue 1! It was too hot to knit lace earlier this week, but now I'm running out of excuses. I've been wishing that I picked a yarn with better definition - like Cherry Tree Hill - for mine, isn't that funny? But I'm sure we'll both be happy with the finished product!

     
  • At 8:57 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said…

    I'm so glad you're enjoying your knitting time and will have a get-away soon. I hope your energy returns and that you're feeling great soon.

    Bless your heart. I understand worrying that someone is upset with you. I'll be praying for you and the other person....even if they aren't upset. ; )

     

Post a Comment

<< Home