mimiwontonknits

Friday, July 27, 2007

MS3 row 225 & Turner Falls

I got up through row 225 on the MS 3 last night! Still seem to be tinking as much as knitting, but for some reason am still really enjoying this project!! Only "bad" thing about it is that I am now wanting to do more lace...lol!

That has been one area of knitting that, before now, I have had little interest in.....therefore.....there is NO yarn in my stash that is conducive to lace knitting!!! A sad state of affairs...lol. Well....except sock yarn and those are all earmarked for socks...not lace scarves! Still not sure about using true lace weight at this point. I like the fingering I'm using on the MS 3 so will stick to that for a while.
Well....bad news for my self imposed yarn diet this year! I have actually been pretty good. Only fallen off the wagon, so to speak, twice the whole year...well...maybe 3 times.....until yesterday! I was working yesterday and we got in some new Blue Heron. I have drooled over this fiber since the first time I ever saw it but have managed to resist temptation until I saw what came in yesterday :-). Now I just have to figure out what "lace thing" I'm going to do with it! The colorway is called chocolate. The pic doesn't do the richness of the colors justice at all and it has tiny flecks of gold through it!!!

Not much else to report on the knitting front. MS 3 has taken up most of my time. I have cast on and frogged about 4 projects to do on the side when I can't concentrate on the stole. I finally ended up with a pair of Hedera socks out of some Yarn Pirate I got for Mother's Day otn to carry around with me.

Last weekend we took off with David, Amanda, Savy & Dax in the motorhome!! We went down to Turner Falls for the weekend to meet up with my other daughter Melissa and her DH and David's Dad, Wayne. Wayne has a cabin and shop there. He is an artist and paints and sells paintings on mirrors there. Some of us slept in the motor home and some slept in the cabin, but we all hung out during the day and gathered at the motor home for dinner every night. It was such a wonderful weekend! That was my first time at Turner Falls and I was astounded at how beautiful it is there....and how big the park is! Lots of pics of the weekend next:


We just had such a wonderful time! I only wish we could do it more often and I could spend more time with my other beautiful girl!!!

This week has been busy, busy! I watched the munchkins on Monday so Amanda could go to the Dr. I am praying we are on the road to getting some answers so a course of treatment can be determined! I so want my precious girl to start feeling good! She is such a beautiful person....inside and out....sorry sweetheart....I know you don't like it when I say that...but it is sooo true and I want nothing more than for you to feel fantastic and full of energy every single day!

I also took Dad to the Dr. two mornings this week trying to get his meds for thyroid and cholesterol to the right dosage...then have been working afternoons all week! Whew! It has all gone pretty well except I took a hard fall on Wednesday! Fortunately, I don't look too banged up....at least not in places where it shows! I do have a pretty sizeable knot on my chin, but it covers well with war-paint (ie..make-up). Have scrapes and bruises on my knees and two toes, but they aren't that noticeable unless you are looking for them. The odd thing is that the places that have no visible signs of trauma are what are bothering me the most!! My hands and left arm are really sore...thank goodness for Aleve...lol!

Anyway...am heading off for the store again here in a bit so I had better get going!

2 Comments:

  • At 11:25 AM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said…

    Your stole is looking so very beautiful....just like your wonderful family! : )

     
  • At 8:48 PM, Blogger CurliSu said…

    Sorry we didn't see you and Amanda at the Knit-In tonight - it was a good crowd.
    So what made you fall down and bump your chin?
    Your MS3 looks fantastic! I restarted mine last Tuesday and made it to row 27. I'm trying to finish a pair of socks for my grandson before I go back to it.
    Sue

     

Post a Comment

<< Home