mimiwontonknits

Friday, August 10, 2007

"The Wing", The kids and One Step Closer

Time has really gotten away from me the past couple of weeks! I didn't realize that it had been so long since I made a post!

Still doing a little on the MS3, but not as much as usual. I did get started on clue 5 and it is sooo strange! I decided to go ahead and do the wing just for the challenge. I can't imagine how it is going to look completed! I usually go for the symetrical look so this should be interesting. Am hoping to get through clue 5 this week and start on today's new clue by next week.

Not the best picture, but I was too lazy to find the perfect place to pin it all out this morning..lol!

I have had Savy & Dax all week this week so I didn't work on it at all. Instead I started the Christmas list. Am doing a bunch of arm warmers this year and got one done this week. I am using the Mock Cable pattern by Jo Ellyn, a member of our Guild and doing them with Gourmet Yarn's Alpaca. I got two cones of worsted, one in beige and one in gray. Figure those will work for most anyone on my list, male or female.


Found a good pattern for guy arm warmers too. Will be doing a few pairs of those and a couple of scarves from it.

Amanda had a rough patch this week. That's why I had the kiddos. I just enjoyed them so much! It was interesting getting back into the swing of things with two little ones 24-7...lol! But they were such good kids for me and it was a delight waking up to that "little voice" in the other room jabbering away :-). We played outside a lot while they were here. That insured that they were plenty worn out come nap time!


I think they had a good time with Mimi....and I know I had a good time with them! David and Amanda are so sweet......I got the most beautiful flower arrangement yesterday thanking me for helping them out with the kids. They are just gorgeous and literally perfume the entire room! They certainly didn't need to reward me for doing something I love, but I do have to admit that I'm enjoying their thoughtful gift!

Hopefully we are starting to make a little progress on getting a diagnosis for these health issues Amanda has been dealing with for so long......FINALLY! Both arthritis and lupus have been tossed out there. Not words we were wanting hear. The diagnosis isn't "official"....she is being referred to a rhuematologist, but at least we are getting closer to getting to the bottom of all this! THEN....whatever it is, with treatment, she can start feeling better!!! It has been a long road getting this far and I have to say, the medical profession, in my humble opinion....just stinks! The doctors don't come right out and say things to your face, but over and over again they run a handful of basic tests and if they come out "normal", they basically act like there isn't anything wrong with you and they just want you to go away....totally ignoring the fact that there most definately IS something wrong and more tests need to be done to figure out what is going on! It's almost like they don't want to bother unless it's an easy to diagnose, simple to fix problem.

Anyway, enough of my rant! Just please pray that we will get a diagnosis and be able to start a course of treatment soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home