mimiwontonknits

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

About Time!

Haven't been blogging much again lately so I guess it's about time! Just not been in the mood for some reason. Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season!

We sort of celebrated all month long...not uncommon for us! We had the big to-do the weekend of the 14-15 with my daughters and their families. Did the Christmas Dinner with all the goodies and main gift exchange then. It was just an awesome weekend. Everyone loved their arm warmers...that always makes me happy :-)! They all like their other gifts too. And me......I hit the knitting mother-lode...yippee!!!

Amanda and David got me the Fall Seasonal Sock pack from Knit Picks!! Enough yummy sock yarn for 6 whole pair! I haven't used any of the Knit Picks sock yarn yet so I'll be picking out a pattern for one of them soon! I can't wait to use some of it....it feels awesome! They also got me this:
It is fantastic!!! The only bad thing is deciding what to do from it first :-)

Mel & Brian got me a set of some delicious smelling foo-foo juice and lotion. Better known as perfume...lol. I was totally out so I was happy about that!

Dh was the really sneaky one this year....and he blew me away! We had a huge patio done in the backyard (finally got rid of that nasty old deck!) and that was supposed to be our gift to each other.......well....that stinker really pulled a fast one on me! He has been hearing me talk about something for ages and I just always find a reason not to do it for myself. How he figured out what to do....where to go, etc....well....let's just say he got pretty resourceful!

He got me the first course of the TKGA Master Knitter's Program!!! Looking through it overwhelmed me a bit...not sure I'm "that good", but I'm sure going to jump in there and give it a go! Am going to Office Depot and get the notebook and a few other little things I'll need and decide what yarn I'm going to use for the swatches sometime this week.

Christmas Day we brought Dad over and hung out until late afternoon and Ron's son, Brandon and family came over for a while. Then David, Amanda and Dax got back from Texas and came over. It was fun to see the 3 little boys interact with one another. We had a nice dinner together and we got to keep Dax for the rest of the week! He is turning into quite the little clown and I enjoyed him so very much! Little Miss Savy is still in Texas with her other grandparents and I miss that little girl something terrible. She flew by herself for the first time and after she was out of sight at the airport I broke down and cried like a baby!! I can't wait until she is home!!

I have managed to get a little knitting done now that the holidays are over. I finished the Mr. Greenjeans sweater out of the Fiesta Boomerang. This pic is before I got the ribbing done but here it is. I love, love, love this yarn!
Now I just have to do the Baby Boom socks to match!

I decided to finish a couple of other wips before I start those though. I finished one pair of socks. Just basic 2x2 rib and stockinette foot from some San Diego I got in a swap.

And I finally started a pair of the socks I got in a sock of the month club I was in briefly. These are done flat, grafted then the heel and toe picked up after the fact. They were fun to do and I like the funkiness of them....but the heel and toe part of the pattern was a little wonky....way too short the way it is written. Plus I can feel the ridge where you pick up for the heel and toe, so they probably aren't going to be as comfortable as some....but they will be fun to wear for short periods of time, so I do plan to finish the second one.

I have so many things rattling around in my head that I want to do.....and want to get started on my Master's swatches......there is never enough time, is there? One thing I do need to do is start whittling down the stash.....I have already outgrown my knitting wall!!! I have at least 3 bags in the corner that won't fit....lol!

All in all, it was a wonderful holiday....so many blessings and precious people in my life! There are always those out there that, no matter how hard you try, just don't, can't, won't really care the way you had hoped. I have figured out that it's not worth worrying about and am just going to enjoy the true blessings as they come! Here are some pics of those blessings!

3 Comments:

  • At 5:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I would have cried like a baby too seeing Savy off on her own. They grow up way too fast.

     
  • At 9:16 AM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said…

    Happy New Year!

    It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas. I'm so happy that you did!

    Wow....good for you for starting the TKGA Master Knitter program. Go, girl!!!

     
  • At 7:15 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    It looks like you had a great time with the family. How nice you get to see them all!

    Love the knitting. Your Greenjeans looks great. Have you decided what to do for the matching socks yet?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home