mimiwontonknits

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Too Quiet

Things are strangely quiet around here this morning! We went to Texas Friday night to attend a memorial service for a dear friend's father yesterday. We came back in last night but got here about 30 minutes too late to pick up all the fur-kids from the vet. After keeping Daxton all week last week...poor little guy had pink eye and a nasty cold along with an ear infection....and the normal hoopla that the dogs always create it feels so strange for the house to be soooo quiet...and I have to admit....I don't like it much! It's funny....sometimes the poo-heads just drive me crazy with all the barking, running around, etc, but it's just not the same without it....and I always miss those grandbabies being around...especially after I've had them here for several days in a row! You would think peace and quiet would be nice once in a while....but, for me....it's actually not that enjoyable...lol!

I did manage to get a couple of shots of Dax in his new sweater....well, sort of...lol! He was trying to take the camera away from me on most of the pics! I just stuck it on him over his jammies so the "outfit" isn't exactly coordinated. It looked much cuter when I put his jeans on with it later in the day but, naturally, didn't get any pics of him then...he was way too busy!

It's so awful when those little ones are sick! There were several times during the past couple of days that the little guy would just lie in my lap for over 30 minutes at a time! I knew he had to feel really bad to be still that long. I loved just holding and cuddling him but would much rather see him being his silly, funny little self and know that he felt good! And on top of that little Miss Savy came down with strep throat on Friday and was running 103 temp!!! I hated going to Texas and being so far away with them sick.....not that I can do anything to make it better....just wanted to be close!

Well, I'll be "turning over the reins", so to speak today. We are having elections at the Knitting Guild for new officers! I have so enjoyed being the President this year! I've especially enjoyed getting to know some the the Executive Committee members better! It was fun and exciting at the same time. There were so many more things I wanted to accomplish but it went by so fast! I think we did get quite a bit done considering it was a short year...the current officers actually only served 10 months this round because of a delay in the voting last year. Anyway, I think it was a great, productive year and I can't wait to see what the upcoming year will bring!

On the knitting front, I did manage to finish the Mr. Greenjeans sweater out of the Fiesta Boomerang....and have actually worn it! Will try to get a good pic of it posted soon. Have one sock of the matching Baby Boom finished and almost to the toe decrease on the second one...then on to the Polkadot Swing Jacket for Savy. I want to get that finished next.......that's one thing about knitting for little ones....if you don't get it done....they outgrow it....lol...pretty good motivator! Still haven't cast on the Log Cabin Wrap yet either....probably sometime this week!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dax's sweater looks very cute.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home