mimiwontonknits

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Texoma

We came back in Sunday from a weekend at Texoma in the motor home. We had a wonderful time and really enjoyed the preserve we stayed in! They had so much stuff going on there that Savy would have loved! We are planning on taking her back there as soon as we can!

The campsites were nice and the amenities were wonderful! They had two lodges...one for families and one for adults only. Both had pools. There was a miniature golf course, playground, paddleboats, basket ball court, horseshoe pits.....all for free! They also had a trading post to purchase things from, a little cafe if you wanted a break from cooking and canoes/kayaks that you can rent. They had tons of activities going on too. Easter crafts for kids, egg hunts for all age groups (including a night one for adults), a dance Saturday night and more. No question that we will be going back there.

Since we didn't have little people with us we just layed low and rested most of the weekend. Sat outside under the awning pretty much all day Friday and a lot of Saturday (yes, I was knitting !) and spent a lot of time walking the dogs around letting them explore. They loved it too!

We are already planning our next outing! We are both so happy that we got that rv!! It is just so much fun and so relaxing to get away in it. We came home and put it in the shop because the transmission was doing funny things on the way home and we don't want to get out on the road again until it's checked out. One of the hazards of buying an old rig, I guess, but we've been pretty lucky with it considering that it is 20 years old!! We didn't want to invest a huge sum of money in a newer one until we found out whether we were going to like rving or not. Now we want to upgrade...lol! We will probably hang in with this one for another year or so so we can save up for a bigger down payment on a newer one...the darn things are expensive, but for us, worth it. We didn't realize what a rut we had gotten into just sitting at home watching the blasted tv all the time.....now we are making fun memories instead!

I did get one of the Eagle's Flight socks out of Opal Feelings done and started the second one. I like the way it was knitting up in the Jaywalker pattern but couldn't get the darn thing over my heel so frogged it and went with these.

Also started a basic 2x2 rib sock out of the Vinca I bought so much of. I'm SO glad I got this stuff! Admittedly, I was worried about the quality of the yarn since it was so cheap....less than $6.00 per pair.....but I'm ecstatic about buying it now. This stuff is so soft and knits up great!

I did get a little done on the Mogul scarf out of the Elsebeth Lavold baby alpaca. Love the yarn but the pattern is boring, boring to do. Going to be one of those projects I have to make myself finish....but I will. Just have to keep reminding myself it's for my Honey and he is so, so worth it!

Still trying to talk myself out of doing the Lady E at this point. I did break down and get the book yesterday. There are several scarves in there that I will probably end up doing so that was easy to justify.......it's just the Silk Garden that holds me back! It is so yummy but pretty expensive for me right now. With gas prices so insane, wanting to be on the road in the rv, spring yard projects waiting to be done, etc. and so much yarn already in the stash.....well....since we haven't won the lottery, choices have to be made! I have seen several people in Ravelry doing it out of Paton's Soy Wool Stripes and they are pretty.....and about half the cost of the Silk Garden. Maybe I'll do that....who knows?

3 Comments:

  • At 7:46 AM, Blogger Karmeleiro said…

    wow, I am amaized! Colors, patterns, your ideas are lovely. I feel that I also want to try something like that.

     
  • At 11:38 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    Welcome back! Glad you had a good trip.

     
  • At 12:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm with you on the price of Silk Garden. The SG I used for my clappy was on sale for $69.95 (10 skeins) a bag or it never would have been a purchase. Can't be a great sale. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home