mimiwontonknits

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

More Yarn

Warning. This is a yarn heavy post.....so if you aren't "in to" yarn, you may be bored...lol. Of course, it is beyond me why anyone wouldn't want to look at pictures of yarn! The only thing better is getting to feel of it....or knit with it in my humble opinion.

These are the goodies I was lucky enough to pick up before my extended hospital stay in Austin! We only went to 2 of the LYS in Austin on Saturday before the wedding. We had intended to hit a couple more along with more than the 2 aquarium stores DH wanted to check out....but I wasn't feeling good and we got a late start.....in retrospect.....considering what happened I was lucky I got as much running around done as I did! The Dr. who admitted me to the hospital Sunday morning was shocked that I shopped most of the day and went to a wedding Saturday night. She said I shouldn't have even been able to walk around....what can I say...I've always had a high pain threshold and I just ignored it as long as I could to do things that were important to me.

I went prepared...I had specific yarns and yardages all written down for projects I wanted to do....and promptly ignored the list and bought all lace weight and sock yarn...lol....oh, well....what is that they say about best laid plans!! I'm happy with what I did get so that is the main thing. I haven't seen any of the things I bought locally except for some Colinette Jitterbug that DH picked out for me to do him a pair of the Handsome Devil Socks on the 6-Sock-Knit-Along yahoo group. Here it is:

Yummy colors aren't they?

The other sock yarn I picked up was a gift for Amanda and I didn't get a pic of it.

The rest was lace weight....glorious wonderful lace!! That is the one area that my stash is (or was) sorely lacking in since the MS3 was my first ever lace project.....the "re-do" is coming along nicely, by the way...will post pics of it again soon.

This is some yummy Prism Lace Wool in the colorway Dune.

Next comes Classic Elite Silky Alpaca Lace. I was shocked at how reasonable it was cost wise!

Then there is the softest thing you have ever fondled....HandMaiden Camelspin in Blackberry!

Some more HandMaiden caught my eye as well. Sea Silk in Nova Scotia. I so waned 2 skeins of this one but she only had one!

Then there is the Misti Alpaca Lace. Again....pleasantly surprised at how little it cost! It is as soft as butter and a soft gold.

The next two I had never even heard of before! Enchant`e from Kaalund Yarns in the colorway Rainforest. It is 100% cultivated silk.

And Habu XS-45 20/3 Bamboo. It has a gorgeous shimmer to it and I have to find the perfect lace project for this one....it just really intrigues me!

I did pick up another skein of lace for Amanda...which I didn't get a pic of either. It was Alpaca With A Twist Fino in a dark, dusty blue.

I guess it's a good thing we didn't get a chance to hit the other shops, lol! We popped into Guage...one of the newest shops there but I didn't find anything there. All of these came from Hill Country Weavers. Really charming shop in the downtown area in a vintage house and crammed full in every nook and cranny of fabulous yarns!

I can't seem to get the new Malabrigo that came in at Gourmet Yarn off my mind so I may have to add some of that to the stash...then I need to go on a yarn diet....a serious yarn diet...until I get some of this used up!

3 Comments:

  • At 6:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have two skeins of the Handmaiden Sea Silk in Nova Scotia. Sorry, I can't give it up. lol Isn't that just gorgeous? I also have a skein in a cream color that I can't recall the name of at this moment. It looks like you made a great haul.
    Kay

     
  • At 10:39 AM, Blogger CurliSu said…

    I love your color choices. Just beautiful!

     
  • At 6:09 PM, Blogger Emily said…

    What is this yarn diet of which you speak? ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home