mimiwontonknits

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Yarn Teasers

Ok...the promised pics of new yarn. First I'll show you the best kind of yarn....of all......Gifted Yarn!

My DD, Amanda took a trip to a Dr. in Texas and stopped in the Woolie Ewe in Plano. I had the kiddos while she was gone and as a thanks she brought me this beautiful stuff!!

First is the Aslantrends Class. Four yummy skeins of cotton/viscose at 240 yds per skein!! I'm not usually too big on cotton but this stuff is soft as a cloud and drapes like a dream!! It has a beautiful sheen to it that the pics don't pick up. I'm thinking maybe the Forest Canopy Shawl??? What do you think?

The next thing she brought me is sock yarn....girl can't have enough sock yarn, you know! Most of my sock yarn is in dark or muted colors so this will be fun!


Two skeins of Artyarns Ultramerino4!! Bright yellow with shades of peach and green. Don't these just scream spring? Not sure yet which sock pattern these should become...any ideas?

And lastly for today here is my Woolgirl Sock Club shipment.

I tell you this girl knows how to put together an exciting package. I couldn't believe all the stuff she put in it. Everything was in a clear bag full of punched out paper frogs and tied with a yellow ribbon. The theme was tree frogs and the pattern is called Froggin. Too cute! The yarn is Dashing Dachs...one I have heard great things about but not tried yet. There was also a calculator, frog postcards and pencil, frog notepad, frog sucker and the most adorable frog stitch marker and gauge gizmo...and more! Her packages are just so much fun!

That is the teaser for today....stay tuned for the booty that came from our trip to Austin. With the way that trip went, thank goodness there was at least some yarn goodness involoved!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home