mimiwontonknits

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Neglected Yarn

Ok...I'll admit it....there are a lot of skeins of yarn up in my yarn wall, stuffed in various bags and sacks, etc. that probably feel neglected. Just sitting there waiting to be knitted up into some wonderful sweater, scarf, hat, shawl, sock.....something......anything! At least I do "pet" all of it upon occasion so it's not totally neglected...lol! All I can say is I'm glad they don't get all wrinkled up as they age like I'm starting to do! They might never get used!

Well, I was messing around with my stash today...petting everyone and thinking about doing a little reorganization....you know....starting a "lace section" for all the goodies I've gotten lately, expanding the sock section....fun stuff like that and I stumbled onto some yarn that I had totally forgotten about! Never added it to the stash in Ravelry, never blogged about it....never even took a picture of it....poor things. Now that is neglected!

I got most of it this past Spring at a local Spinning/Weaving Festival here in Edmond. I so enjoyed it and even did a tiny smidge of spinning with a drop spindle! It was small but very well set up and organized.

Sadly, I don't even remember who I got most of these from and only one has a tag with the vendors name and contact info. I'm pretty sure I saved the sales tickets.....I think I did anyway. They are probably put away somewhere safe so I would know where they are.....and I'll never see them again!

Anyway, so they get their "day in the sun"......here they are!

This one is shades of black, greys and white sock yarn. No identifying info on it except that it is superwash. I would say it's light fingering weight. Not a clue about yardage either but I'm guessing around 400 yds.

I've named this one Autumn Leaves. It does have a tag identifying it as Bluefaced Leicester, sock weight and is 465 yds.

The next in line I'm calling Easter Basket. It is the only one with a vendor tag. It came from Rugs On The Hoof and is merino/nylon sock yarn....about 440 yds.
The other that came from the Festival is worsted weight. I'm assuming it is 100% wool. Haven't done the burn test or anything on it, but am pretty sure. It is called Corriedale. I snagged 3 skeins at 210 yds. per skein of it.

This last one I ran across was some I bought well over a year and a half ago at Loops in Tulsa when DH and I made a trip up there for his Aquarium club meeting at the Jenks Aquarium. It is Crystal Palace Bunny Hop in a bright lime green. I think I got this thinking socks, but the yardage is not enough for long cuffs and I'm not a footie person at all so will probably end up a baby something.

Now that I have "found" these I guess I had better give them an extra squeeze now and then until I use them so they won't feel neglected anymore!

1 Comments:

  • At 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Maybe we need to plan some 'sleep overs'. I have many neglected skeins also. lol

    Kay

     

Post a Comment

<< Home