mimiwontonknits

Sunday, August 03, 2008

Some Progress

Well, I finally feel like I'm making a little progress......on a few things at least! I finished one of the wip's that was lying around.....the Child's French Sock from "Knitting Vintage Socks". It was one of those projects that I literally had to force myself to do. I don't really like the way they turned out. They remind me of reptile skin!.....but they do, at least, feel good on the foot......and I enjoyed working with the Cherry Tree Hill. I'm sure they will see their share of wear this winter.

Of course, I turned right around and started two other projects...and have signed up for the Mystery Stole 4...lol....so much for paring down the wip's! I don't know yet what I'm going to use for the MS4. Have done a little stash diving but only have 3 lace weights with enough yardage for this one....hmmmm...I sure did like working with the Jaggerspun Zephyr on the last one.....and I don't happen to have any of that....

One of the projects I started is the Ladder Stitch Scarf from Schaefer Miss Priss. I like working with this yarn too. I have always heard other people say they loved using it and I can see why!

The other thing I cast on was the Little Miss Strawberry Sweater from Creative Knitting for Miss Savy. It is out of the Plymouth Jeannee that I was doing the Cable Lace Tee out of. I decided the tee was going to be too short and that I probably wouldn't ever wear it. It's working up pretty fast so hopefully it won't be a wip for long!

On the house projects, the new windows are in and the siding is done! It's amazing the difference it made! And I'm sooo glad it's over! What a mess for a few days! I have to say that the crew did an excellent job of cleaning up after themselves though. I have had work done in the past where that definately was NOT the case. These guys were great! No more shabby looking siding....and no more painting....ever!

I have also made a good bit of progress on the window painting project. I think it is turning out ok....considering I haven't oil painted for 20 plus years! I wish I had taken a picture of the blank hole before I started...I'm bad about the before and after picture taking thing. Anyway.....keep in mind it is definately a "work in progress" and I have a lot more to do....but here it is so far.

Those dark blobs in the foreground are just based in.....they will look better when it's done....honest! DH found an old vintage window in a salvage yard for me and the plan is to mount it so it looks like you are looking outside at the scene. Hopefully I will like the way that looks....if not, I'll just frame it in with some nice trim.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:02 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    Wow - you can paint! I didn't know that. It's gorgeous.

    GYC is getting Zephyr, talk to MG about it.

    It was great to see you last night. Looooove the haircut!

     
  • At 8:12 PM, Blogger Terri said…

    Lovely picture and cool socks.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home